Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New concern...please help.  (Read 209 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New concern...please help.
« on: April 30, 2014, 07:19:17 PM »
I am at my wits end right now.  I keep having these headaches that are really freaking me out.  It's on both the right and left side of my head with pressure in my jaw almost and facial pressure/pain.  My head feels full and I am terrified I have a brain tumor.  But, here is my new concern that I wanted to mention.
Today, I seemed to notice that I had what felt like cloudy peripheral vision in my right eye.  I tested myself and moved both of my fingers on the side of my face and on both sides I saw my fingers normally.  But, this pressure/pain feeling is really concerning me.  It's almost like a patch is covering both the left and right side of my head almost if that makes sense.  I was also looking in the mirror today and saw that I had a bulging vein on the right side of my forehead.  It goes from my temple and then travels diagonally upward to the top of my forehead...the same on the left side where both of my headaches are.
Nothing seems to help my headaches either.  I use to take Advil Migraine and that would help no problem...now it doesn't.  Or I would just take a long hot shower to ease the tension/pain in my head and that use to help, that only helps when I'm in the shower and the pressure feeling comes back as soon as I shut off the water.  I'm so scared now and I am worried that it's a brain tumor.  This started around April 18 (almost 2 weeks ago).
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New concern...please help.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:59:17 AM »
The fact that it responds so much to heat makes me figure your headaches are being caused by muscle tension (I'm not a doctor, but I pretty much live in a state of constant headaches ;) ).  If that's the case, and over the counter medications and relaxation techniques aren't helping, perhaps speak to your doctor about a muscle relaxant.  I once had a neck spasm that gave me headaches for weeks - I too worried about a brain tumor.  It was not one. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New concern...please help.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 03:41:17 PM »
Thank you very much for responding.

Today the headaches are still here, and once again they seem to be isolated mainly on the left and right side of my head.  My vision is fine today, and the pressure has let up somewhat as well.  I was thinking about making an appointment with my doctor and at least mention my peripheral vision concern.  It just freaks me out because this has been going on for some time now, and I feel like it will get worse.  I have been pressing on the top of my head and instantly that brings me complete relief - that worries me too.

I have not been dizzy, had loss of balance, etc.  But, I have had a painful neck (mainly my spinal area it seems like).  Occasionally I will have pain behind my eye as well.  Has anyone else had this happen?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: