Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My Story (so far)  (Read 84 times)

Offline Matt55

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My Story (so far)
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
Hello all, I'm here for anxiety and panic disorder. I've always been an anxious person my entire life. I can remember as far back as being six years old  and my stomach churning before going to school or karate class. That was fairly easy to deal with. About a year after i graduated high school is when the real problems began. My girlfriend of two year had broken up with me and it messed me up pretty bad, mentally. I guess you could say i was depressed. I didn't want to go to work or even do anything with friends. 6 months later when it seemed like i had finally gotten over this i started having pretty bad IBS symptoms. I had an upper and lower scope done and everything turned out normal. The Doc told me i had an anxiety issue. I refused to believe that was the cause and started finding natural ways to easy the symptoms ( extra fiber and peppermint oil). I learned to cope with this for 3-4 years. Then finally things stared to spiral out of control. Last summer i went on a vacation with a bunch of friends and needless to say probably drank entirely too much alcohol. Fell off of a balcony about 10 feet to the flat of my back on concrete. Thank god i didn't hit my head! Two days later on vacation I became very sick with flu like symptoms. The next day i drove home 16 hours and went to sleep. That night i woke up out of  my sleep with a terrible panic attack. Heart racing, dizzy, burning muscles. I went to the emergency room and they said everything was normal and never even mentioned a panic attack. After that i noticed that every now and then watching tv would mack me slightly dizzy. Two months later me and a buddy went to NYC comic con. The entire day my upper back was sore and neck as well. My mouth was supper dry and i could not stop sweating. later we went back to the hotel room and as soon as i went to sit down and relax, Boom another panic attack. I had no idea what was going on, I thought maybe i was dehydrated. I drank a bunch of water and ate a little food, took a nap and woke up feeling normal again. Never thought anything of it the rest of the trip. When i got back home i noticed at lunch breaks at work i would feel disoriented every now and then, but never really thought much of that either. I noticed every now and then at the gym when lifting heavy weights or doing squats i would become dizzy and it would not go away for hours after i was done. My neck muscles were constantly sore and i felt like I had a sore throat. Noticed I would get dizzy at social gatherings. Finally i decided to go to the doctor to see what was going on. On my way to the doctor another Panic attack hit me. They did an EKG  and gave me a chest x-ray and sent me on my way. walking back tot my vehicle the panic got even worse. I thought i was having a heart attack. Went back into the doctor and they sent me to the emergency room. Spent a day and a half in the hospital in the cardiology wing. had multiple EKG's, stress tests, echo cardiograms, and at one point during the worst panic when i first arrived at the ER they hooked me to a crash cart and gave me injections to try and slow my heart down. The cardiologist said everything was normal and they sent me home with a 24 hour halter monitor. Everything showed normal there as well. I tried going back to work and had yet another panic attack. My muscle started aching, joints hurt, dizzy all the time, racing heart, hands were constantly cold, muscle twitches, extreme fatigue. I then started to suspect Lyme disease along with other things as well. This was constantly on my mind and only getting worse. I had a lyme test done that came back negative. I didn't believe it so i went to the Cleveland clinic and had another one done. It also came back negative. The doctor there told me he thinks i have an anxiety disorder. I refused to believe him as well. So i started seeking alternative forms of treatment. Eventually i found out from a chiropractor that my spine was impacted 3/4 of an inch inward from my fall last summer on vacation. After multiple visits my spine was back in alignment but i still had all these horrible feelings. I had urine tests done, more blood work, and a stool test done. everything showed normal except the urine test. My adrenals were low and my seratonin levels were at rock bottom. I still have a hard time accepting its anxiety but on the days that i do i feel much better. If i keep my mind completely off of it (which is hard for me to do), my symptoms almost vanish (until I think about them again). I just started seeing a therapist now and have been reading a lot of books on the subject. Also started trying meditation. I started exercising again which is nice but sometimes the fast heart beat freaks me out (even though its natural). Its hard f0or me to think that it isn't a panic attack coming. I also still have a hard time watching television at night without feeling funny which has lead to me reading a lot more. Hopefully I'm starting to get this thing under control and will be able to go back to work soon. But that's my story so far.. Thanks for reading
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: My Story (so far)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:30:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline beebleezy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:05:48 AM »
Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your back.
Why was it so hard for you to believe you had an anxiety disorder? I'm just curious is all.
Hopefully now that you're not bouncing around from doctor to doctor you can have some clarity, peace of mind, and less anxiety!
Best Wishes
Bookmark and Share

Offline Matt55

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:36:19 AM »
I suppose i had a hard time accepting it because when they told me 5 or so years ago that my IBS was due to anxiety, I didn't feel like i had anxiety. My dad also kept saying that the doctors had to be wrong. But over time i fee like i lost contact with my emotions and had a severe loss in sex drive as well. Now that i look back on all the signs over the past couple years, I guess i had it coming. Every make on my dads side of the family has also seemed to struggle with some sort of issue, whether its depression or anxiety in all different forms. There are just certain symptoms that I guess i have a hard time wrapping my head around, which always keeps the possiblility of something else wrong with me in the back of my head.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: