Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: How to cope...  (Read 83 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
How to cope...
« on: April 30, 2014, 08:39:43 AM »
So I initially went for two appointments at the end of march and middle of April to see my therapist.  I started to write down in a journal tracking my anxiety.  She gave me techniques to try and do to calm myself down.  Some days it works some days it doesn't.  I am getting completely frustrated and would like to get in to see her again.  The only problem is I am on a wait list and my next appointment isn't until June 9th.  If someone cancels they will call me and get me in.  I hate to switch to someone else because I haven't given her a chance at all.  I am frustrated because now that I am more aware of my anxiety, my anxiety is getting worse :(  Let's hope I can make it another month :(  I do see my psychiatrist next Tuesday and I am wondering if I need to switch my meds around since my anxiety is becoming worse.  Ugh I don't know what to do!
Bookmark and Share

Offline maple

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to cope...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 01:36:45 PM »
It's a drag to hear that you are struggling...  and unfortunately (for most of us) that is just the way anxiety rolls: it either seems like it has eased or gone away, only to come back hard and fast and unexplicably.  It also makes us think that we need some change (medication, jobs, stress, etc.) to continue to feel better.  I'm in the same boat, I see my psychiatrist in a week and need to talk about changing medications.  It's been two years, and we still have not found a particularly effective one that doesn't have difficult side effects.  I have learned lots of other coping methods, but they don't always work.

Just hang in there, use the techniques you've learned (whether they are working or not), and discuss your anxiety with your counselor and pdoc when you next have the chance.  If they are doing their job, they'll have some ideas for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: