Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anyone gotten off lamitical?  (Read 140 times)

Offline missxoxo

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone gotten off lamitical?
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:05:06 AM »
Hello. I have gained appx 30 pounds since I gave started celexa and lamitical.  My dosage went ftom 40 mg of celexa to now 20. I was on 300 mg of lamitical now on 150. My pcp says I am having too many health problems with weight gain, lethargy, brain dog andn amensia. I have a mood swing disorder and GAD.  Has anyone attempted getting off lamitical ? :(
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 98
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: anyone gotten off lamitical?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:08:46 AM »
My dosage went ftom 40 mg of celexa to now 20. I was on 300 mg of lamitical now on 150.

Are you discontinuing both at the same time? If so, this is not a good idea as if there is a problem it will be impossible to know which of them is causing it.

Has anyone attempted getting off lamitical

It shouldn't be too difficult. Do not stop taking it abruptly. You do need to wean off it to avoid seizures. I suggest dropping the dose by 25-50mg per week. You could do it faster, Glaxo-Smith Kline recommends halving the dose the first week and discontinuing the other half after the second, but a more gradual taper may be easier emotionally and perhaps physically. This will also limit any Celexa withdrawal effects caused by discontinuing the Lamictal (it slows the rate at which Celexa is metabolized increasing the antidepressants effectiveness so reducing the Lamictal dose also reduces the bioavailability of Celexa to some extent).

Ian

Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline missxoxo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:37:54 PM »
Thank you for your response. I dont know what to do anymore. Even with meds I feel de realization and I cant focus. Get tired easily. Im starting to think its related and I havent been stable since my mom passes when I was 22 and now turning 25
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »
I dont know what to do anymore.

Okay, lets get back to basics. Where you initially prescribed just Celexa? If so, at what point was the Lamactil added and why?

Was Celexa the first psych med you've taken? If not can you remember what you took, the dose, and why you stopped taking them?

Ian

Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline missxoxo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 02:08:55 AM »
Well I was put on celexa for depression and lamicital for mood swings at the same time apx a year and a half ago. I have been on buspar, vybrid and paxil all at different times. I have maintained my dose for a while. But. Celexa was cut down. My psych thinks I will be on lamitical for the rest of my life.  But. It has caused me to gain so much weight my doctor thinks its hazardous. I feel sick all the time and eexperience occasional intrusive thoughts and derealization. I have been through a lot of trauma growing up I thinm its caught up to me and stress. I have seen therapists but did not help. I am 24 and feel like I have no direction on where to go with this lol I appreciate youd responses and any in put I can get
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 04:09:01 AM »
I was put on celexa for depression and lamicital for mood swings at the same time apx a year and a half ago. I have been on buspar, vybrid and paxil all at different times.

Were Vybrid or Paxil effective for anxiety and/or depression? If so, did you experience mood swings while taking them? If not, when did the mood swings begin?

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything