Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I will be flying in a few hours. So anxious :(  (Read 85 times)

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I will be flying in a few hours. So anxious :(
« on: April 29, 2014, 10:50:29 PM »
Hello all,

I am going to have a long-haul flight in less than 12 hours. I'll be flying to Europe for both business and vacation. The flight is around 16 hours long.

I am excited about it, but the air journey somehow scares me. I've been in a long haul flight once 3 years ago, but my anxiety wasn't spiked up during that time. I've also been in numerous short-haul flights and they seem to be okay.

However, this long-haul flight seems to be scaring me for some reason. I will be flying our national airline -- which isn't a budget airline (lol), but they've also been flying this route for less than a year. This is a new route to them. So far, all flights seem to be okay with them.

I know how it's a "fact" that air travel is the safest mode of transportation, but I keep on having bad thoughts about it especially with the recent disappearance of the Malaysian Airline that hasn't been found yet.

To make it worse, the tv shows and movies that I've been watching out of nowhere seem to showcase plane accidents and crashes. From mechanical failures to conspiracy theories of planes being shot down by the military. I feel that this is a "sign".  :fragend005:

My thoughts are racing right now, I am sorry. I just can't afford to go in a panic now.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline algeus

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I will be flying in a few hours. So anxious :(
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:14:49 AM »
I'm suffering from fear of flying,but I have other reason than yours for this:).
Once I missed a flight because of the fear - simply couldn't enter the plane. My way to maintain this - flying only business class(feel better with more room) and taking some sleeping pills(e.g. bondormin - brotizolam).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: