Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need help!!!! With my breathing  (Read 71 times)

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need help!!!! With my breathing
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:26:35 PM »
I am so sick and tired of this...but I want to help myself. I have been having shortness of breath for the past 3 years. I know it's because of anxiety. It's chronic. I believed my "hiatal hernia" was causing it, but after the endoscopy yesterday they said I didn't have one...

I noticed when I first wake up in the morning my breathing is fine. I do have inflamed sinus in my nose so when I have morning boogers it is hard to breathe lol. This makes my breathing a little labored.

As the day goes on, I notice I get lightheaded and start feeling hungry/fatigued. I notice my breathing becomes shallow and I start focusing on it. (Bad I know). I usually snack and it goes away but sometimes it doesn't. Keep in mind my SOB is always there. THE ONLY TIME I DIDN'T HAVE SOB WAS YESTERDAY AFTER THE ANESTHESIA. Is this because it relaxed all my muscles? Or is it because I have a CNS problem? (sorry :) )

I want to get rid of this. I am working out but it's so hard with my shortness of breath. The palpitations and labored breathing becomes immense, which of course I focus on and it gets worse.

Couple of things I noticed:

-I get lightheaded from sitting to standing
- lightheaded from having my head down
-headaches from lying flat down on a pillow
-diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
-exercise intolerance
-my arms and legs fall asleep if compressed faster than normal
-overweight but I lost 33 lbs so far.
- I will conquer this but I need all the help I can get.

Anyone recommend breathing exercises or something so I can get my normal breathing back?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need help!!!! With my breathing
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 09:27:57 PM »
I also noticed when I have these SOB episodes I get that panic feeling in my tummy, I then press down on my stomach (as if I had a sliding hernia) and I notice the breathing and panic feeling subsides a little. This works MOST times, not all times.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: