Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Meds  (Read 76 times)

Offline Evernight74

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Meds
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
Okay guys i am on 60mg of Prozac, 1mg of xanax 3 x aday... I have OCD/health anxiety. Saw my doctor today and he added Risperidone .5 mg twice a day. I am terrified of new meds and read all the side effects anyone have any advice.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 90
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Meds
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
I am terrified of new meds and read all the side effects anyone have any advice.

Sure: don't read up on the side-defects of new meds. I have the same problem and I've found it to be the only solution.

I assume the risperidone is being added because the Prozac and Xanax aren't adequately controlling your anxiety, yet I see from your posts in other forums that you've only been on the current Prozac dose for about a month which means it probably hasn't become effective yet. Is the risperidone intended as a stop-gap until the Prozac fully kicks-in? If so, do you know why was this decided on instead up just upping the Xanax dose?

I also see that you were on Celexa and Effexor before. Were you taking both at the same time? If so, at what doses?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: