Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Meds  (Read 165 times)

Offline Evernight74

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Meds
« on: April 29, 2014, 06:02:53 PM »
Okay guys i am on 60mg of Prozac, 1mg of xanax 3 x aday... I have OCD/health anxiety. Saw my doctor today and he added Risperidone .5 mg twice a day. I am terrified of new meds and read all the side effects anyone have any advice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 125
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Meds
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 09:15:55 AM »
I am terrified of new meds and read all the side effects anyone have any advice.

Sure: don't read up on the side-defects of new meds. I have the same problem and I've found it to be the only solution.

I assume the risperidone is being added because the Prozac and Xanax aren't adequately controlling your anxiety, yet I see from your posts in other forums that you've only been on the current Prozac dose for about a month which means it probably hasn't become effective yet. Is the risperidone intended as a stop-gap until the Prozac fully kicks-in? If so, do you know why was this decided on instead up just upping the Xanax dose?

I also see that you were on Celexa and Effexor before. Were you taking both at the same time? If so, at what doses?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags:

anything