Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: the introduction.  (Read 60 times)

Offline lea8289

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
the introduction.
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:43:44 PM »
Hello friends,

You asked for a introduction so here it is...
I am a college student, in my fifth year at University.
Looking back I have always had anxiety prone attributes most of my life but up until my junior year of college (Fall 2011), I was always able to cope with it and eventually get over that hump.
Fall 2011 something changed and suddenly the hill was 100x taller and self sabotaging.  All the sudden my brain was my worst enemy. That is almost 3 years ago, and I have been on a roller coaster ever since. I am diagnosed with severe depression and panic disorder. So the past 2 and a half years have been basically been me chasing after the normal "train" , I have gotten on but eventually fallen off every time. School seems to be my number one issue as I dislike everything about the system. But I have been set on getting a degree and just want to finish. Everyday I have class, the battle wages on. I am hoping to maybe learn some techniques from people who share my experiences.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: the introduction.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:26:09 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline abcd1207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: the introduction.
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 04:37:39 AM »
Hi lea, i'm a student too so i know what its like. i just want to get my degree and get it all over with, because it is a very anxiety-inducing environment for me. Despite making it this far, I am always convinced I will fail and my anxiety means that i have huge problems studying and focusing because my insecurity takes over.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi as a fellow student :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: