Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Guilty of using a benzo!  (Read 246 times)

Offline MamaLouie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Guilty of using a benzo!
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
I've been managing my anxiety pretty well for the last couple of years, but the last few weeks I feel it creeping up. Then last night I have a full blown attack  :sick0002: had to take a clonzapam :(. I know I shouldn't feel bad about taking one but it just makes me feel like I'm a failure at coping with the anxiety, haven't taken one in over a year.  I've had CBT that worked well,  but with dealing with this creeping up anxiety the past few weeks it seems like I forget how to use it. THanks for listening to me rant.

Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Guilty of using a benzo!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 06:06:13 PM »
Hi Louie...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone.  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

Now take a deep breath.  I want to start off by saying that you are not a failure by any means.

Anxiety and depressive disorders are real diseases, with actual organic origins, no different than diabetes or arthritis.  In many cases, they are chronic conditions that wax and wane.  The old adage of just "pulling yourself up by the boot straps", doesn't apply.  If it did, all of us would just go on our merry way.

I suffer from anxiety/panic disorder, with panic attacks.  I am on anti-depressant therapy, and I am learning cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).  I am so glad that both medication and therapy are available to me, to improve my quality of life.

So give yourself a pat on the back for going over a year without medication.  And use all the tools (medication, therapy, etc.) available to you, to improve your life both now, and in the future.

The very best to you, Louie!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline MamaLouie

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Guilty of using a benzo!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 10:42:25 PM »
Thanks for your kind, encouraging words! I've been dealing with my anxiety better these last couple of days, thank goodness for the CBT it's all coming back to me...like ride a bike. I have finally committed to practicing mindfulness meditation as well to help improve my quality of life with this lifelong condition.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: