Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ultrasound tomorrow-very worried  (Read 224 times)

Offline elodrumm

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Ultrasound tomorrow-very worried
« on: April 29, 2014, 04:41:33 AM »
Hi everyone

i was hoping someone can help me. im 29 and ive had a lot of gynae/urinary issues in the last year( since ive had my son) but in the last few months about a week before my period i have been getting very sharp pains in my right ovary.

Then this month while i was ovulating i had extreme nausea,headaches and pain in my side (which i still have). ive also been feeling lightheaded on & off.

I went to the doc yesterday & she said that she cant feel a lump or anything on my right side but it feels 'different'....which completely freaked me out:( she also did a urinalysis which showed a tiny amount of wbc & blood but she said i had no infection which worried me even more....

So long story short i am going for an ultrasound tomorrow to see if its a cyst but i am so worried about it. Has anyone else had anything similar to this? i had a scan last year which was clear but i am just so worried about ovarian cancer. i dont know how i am going to get through today i feel sick with nerves.

thanks for reading i hope someone can calm me down:(

Bookmark and Share

Offline elodrumm

• Poke This Member
Re: Ultrasound tomorrow-very worried
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:54:34 AM »
Anyone?? :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:06:22 AM »
Havent had this but I will be thinking of you! I have a tumor removed on Thursday so I understand your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline elodrumm

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 07:10:04 AM »
Thanks for replying. Hope you are doing ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hoov22

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:26:37 AM »
I have a cyst...found it in 2006 and had it check every 2 years until the last test in 2011 when they even got an oncologist to check it so that I could relax and know all is fine and its just one of those things and total benign. I forget about it now! I am sure everything will be ok...it is scary but you usually get an indication of things at the ultrasound. Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline elodrumm

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:34:25 AM »
Thanks hoov. i just hope they will at least give me an indication of what it is tomorrow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:13:43 AM »
This really doesn't sound like anything serious. :) I'm 23 and I swore I had ovarian cancer last summer. I had bloating, a heavy stabbing pain in my rectum when I walked or sat, constipation alternating with diarrhea, and my weight was jumping up and down by 4 pounds.  When I went to the Gyno, she felt my ovaries and my right one was sooo tender and hurt when she pressed! She said it could be caused by something on my ovary. Since my aunt had ovarian cancer I just knew I had it. I had blood tests, and 4 ultrasounds of my uterus and ovaries! Everything came back totally normal. The doctor even showed me the scan pics of my ovaries and explained why they looked perfect. My symptoms went away soon after.
Also when I was getting my urine checked during pregnancy almost 2 years ago, ( the only time I really got urine checked) I often had trace blood in my urine.

It reallllly sounds like you just have a basic cyst. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline elodrumm

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:13:15 AM »
Thanks Allytiel :) you've really helped calm me down!

I think i just panicked because ive been having pretty frequent uti's and gyane issues and now i just think that it must have been ovarian cancer all along:(

Although i had a pelvic scan last year that was clear, surely that would have showed something? or maybe not.

Can i ask you, on the scans you had did they tell you what they could see straight away or did you have to wait for your doctor to call you? i don't think i can take the waiting!!! :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 10:26:53 AM »
The first scans I had I had to wait a while to get results. Second time she got the results immediately and since the doctor was in the same place I had the scans done, she got ahold of them and showed then to me and talked me through the results . So whether you wait for results or not, it doesn't mean anything one way or the other because mine were fine both times.
Bookmark and Share

Offline elodrumm

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:10 AM »
Ok, thanks Allytiel :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 12:45:32 AM »
I've had ovarian cysts and endometriosis for a long time, and they can cause a LOT of discomfort.  My doctor can never find mine without an internal ultrasound anyway, let alone feel them from the outside. 
Bookmark and Share