Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: worried about being judged and what others think  (Read 306 times)

Offline harley

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
worried about being judged and what others think
« on: April 29, 2014, 01:55:21 AM »
So my mates don't see my as shy. I don't come across as shy to my family and my close ones!. But deep down i'm scared of social interactions I have a huge fear of being judged and looked at by other people.! Can't feel good about myself anymore because I'm always paranoid about what people think of me.I want a job but I feel I can't because I feel that I would appear weird to other people and that I'd get judged. Even though I have lots of ambitions I'm being held back by this crippling fear of people and paranoia!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: worried about being judged and what others think
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:40:50 AM »
Why exactly should anybody want to judge you? I am reading your words and I am not thinking about the person who wrote those words at all. Your thinking is irrational. My bet would be that nobody judges you at all. With anxiety disorders we have loads of people who imagine people know they have a disorder from looks alone. Much the same thing. You can not tell by looks alone. Their thinking is irrational. It is this they have to try and change. Ask yourself why people should judge you? And not judge others around you. Like they are just picking you out of the bunch and judging you alone. Does that sound possible? That if you were with 50 people, every time you would be the one person they would pick out and judge. Or does that statement sound irrational? Not unless you are doing handstands and cartwheels across the floor, I am doubting people are even looking at you, let alone thinking about you. People have a lot of going on in life. Too much to worry about one person. Something to try and keep in mind.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline harley

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 04:45:58 PM »
Yea ur quite right about that I'll try think that way to see how it goes! Thanks (:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 07:07:57 PM »
Everyone is way too wrapped up in THEMSELVES to judge you.   They are wondering how THEY look, how THEY are acting, what THEY are saying...  you'll be lucky if anyone even notices you  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
I also feel the same way as a women we seem to be looked at differently I believe like what our face looks like or what clothes we are wearing and our hair and yes our weight .  I think personality is everything when it actually comes down to but when we first meet someone we do look at the outside before the inside.

should we care not but we really do if we have a form of anxiety or paranoia which I do and I am very bad at looking at peoples teeth even my own and wonder what people think of me when they look at me.. I don't do photos anymore because of how I feel about my own looks.

You sound like a nice person and out going also so what if you are shy it is better to me then someone loud .
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline tnrocks

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »
If someone was to judge you then more than likely you are better off without them. I have a bunch of friends who judge me over my anxiety/phobias. You have to think better about yourself. My therapist tells me all the time to love myself for the way I am. I'm slowly getting there. I put myself down a lot and I'm sure you do as well. Don't make your life harder than I already is by worrying about what others think. More times than not those people are the ones striving for attention in their own skin. You sort of need to develop the who cares attitude. Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jane Sander

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 08:51:07 AM »
I agree with the statement that everyone is too wrapped up in themselves to truly judge you.

That being said, everyone judges everyone. BUT people are always more nervous of people judging them then they judge of someone else. What you are feeling is natural, completely natural, but you need to realise that people are just always terrified of what others think. You are not alone in that! :)
Bookmark and Share
I sometimes write for www.calmandserenity.com which is a resource site by a few members of Health Anxiety Forum to help sufferers of panic and anxiety.

http://www.calmandserenity.com

Proud Headspacer :P

Tags: social anxiety