Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Fog/DR?  (Read 241 times)

Offline will402

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain Fog/DR?
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
Hello guys,

Unfortunately I keep coming back as I keep getting ill.

I have been having trouble with a symptom recently. I have been searching the internet for what it is to help my mind rest.

I feel depressed again two weeks ago for a very short amount of time, once it cleared I began to feel a little bit spaced out. I believe it may be Brain fog, but the idea of derealisation also plays on my mine.

However I feel totally real in myself and have no dp type symptoms. It just feels like I havnt slept in years, my concentration is poor and I feel a bit out of it. Any ideas or help?

Thanks Guys. Will :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Fog/DR?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 06:42:42 AM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is any help . . .but after I have an episode, even a brief one, it seems to really set me off so that I have trouble focusing, etc. I guess that I put it down to the brain taking all my attention to process the depression / anxiety so that there are few resources for me to use until the process is over . . .If you feel totally real in yourself and no other symptoms, this may be what is happening to you . . .I also know that sometimes for me I feel that the brain has learned a behaviour . . . for example, if I have always had symptom X during or after an episode, then no matter how minor an episode is, I think my brain feels it has to mimic the same symptom . . . now, it is not as intense . . .almost like the shadow of the symptom . . . .also, even minor episodes leave me feeling fatigued and tired and it is no unusual for me to have to sleep for a couple of days even if I am not physically tired . . .again, I put it down to the brain recovering and, quite honestly, sometimes, I think, even minor episodes take a lot out of a person physically and psychologically and that for me accounts for my lack of focus . . . .I found that in my recovery process, this type of experience runs in cycles but the cycles get less frequent and less intense with a greater amount of time between them . . . so I guess I just ride them out . . . as I said, don't know if this helps and, by the way, we're always glad to hear from folks even if they are doing fine . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:56:28 AM »
Thanks Kconnors,

I am sure it is brain fog now, its really horrible. Can SSRI's help brain fog?

Will
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
That question is out of my range of experience but I am sure that there are others . . .for me, the brain fog seemed (and note, I said seemed) to clear more quickly as I added exercise to my daily program . . . not sure why . . .perhaps the endorphins but my exercise regime is just walking . . .check back, there are others with a greater range of experience than I with SSRIs . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline worrygal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
Hello everyone. with my "brainfog" I feel a bit light headed...or almost as if lights and brightrooms hurt my eyes and I feel off balance. I think when I start to dwell on it I get anxiety and it sends me into panic.  :spineyes: I try to remind myself I AM OK! and it will pass.
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 09:41:22 AM »
I am starting to think its just depression actually. Its strange how we go from symptom to symptom until eventually we say right thats enough!
Bookmark and Share