Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: how to lose weight?  (Read 221 times)

Online Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
how to lose weight?
« on: April 28, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
Any good diet or fat loss pills to take? or any natural foods or oils to eat? I have been trying to lose weight I was 185 in January and now i'm 172... I'm still fat and losing it too slowly... Any way to lose it quicker or any suggestions would help, thanks
Smalm  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is like a shadow, always there. I used to do so much fun stuff without my anxiety and now I do so little with it :(

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: how to lose weight?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
We have a Weight Loss Journey thread going (at the very top here) that you might like to read and join in.

We are all destined to be Slim Jims.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikran

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »
Eat less carbs. I lost 18 kg/40 lbs in 7 months by reducing carbs and exercising. Regained 7 kg/15 lbs when I started eating carbs again two months ago.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »
Eat Better; Eat Less; Exercise More; Be Patient

I replace one meal a day with a whey protein, banana, and almond milk shake

I still eat fastfood just not as much. Instead of eating two ultimate burgers, I eat one, and I don't eat fries, or deserts and I drink diet coke

I try to eat mostly protein fruits and vegetables

I haven't had ice cream in 8 months. Instead I eat yoghurt with maple syrup (real maple syrup) or honey. I probably get about the same amount of carbs as ice cream, but I get much less fat and more protein.

My goal is to lose 5 pounds a month. So far, I've lost 41 pounds, and I have about 19 more pounds to go.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline Scye27

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
I lost 40 lbs by eating 6 times per day and not having liquids with meals. This is also catered to my GI issues, but it worked quite well. I ate very few grains. I already haven't eaten gluten for 3 years. I lost 20 lbs when I started eating gluten free, but that was mostly due to not eating as much processed food. Eliminating the majority of processed food is a challenge, but you eventually get used to eating a piece of fruit versus a donut to get the sweet fix.
Bookmark and Share

Offline quinnyhendrix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 04:42:35 AM »
Lost 70 Lbs from doing a rotating schedule of jogging and push up and sit ups. 
Cutting out Sodas and Juices.  Water is all I drank except for the occasional glass of milk.
Also stopped eating after 10 Pm

As a personal note.  This was about a year and half ago and my anxiety was essential non-existent. 

Now if I could just get myself back into it.   :bigsmile:
Bookmark and Share

Offline GratefulPickle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 12:46:06 AM »
I eat 3 meals a day, drink nothing but water, and exercise 6 days a week. I started out by eating 6 meals a day, but a few months ago I started combining the food and shortened it to 3 meals a day. I actually skip breakfast and eat all my food between 12:30 pm and 8:30 pm. I changed my meal plan after I learned about intermittent fasting. It took a little while to get used to, but it gets easier as time goes by. Usually I have a "cheat day" on Saturday where I eat whatever I want from 6:30 pm to just before midnight. I lose about 2 pounds a week doing it, so I find it helpful. I make sure to eat whole wheat's fruit everyday. To my surprise, I haven't gotten sick once since I revamped my whole diet nearly a year ago, which surprised me because I usually get sick several times during the winter. Best of luck in your continued journey.
Bookmark and Share

Online Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 02:57:14 AM »
Thank you people so much! I usually eat a big breakfast (like two servings of cereal) and then I'll be full and eat smaller meals, I eat a lot, and I drink eitheir water or tea with the exeptions of my cheat day and my milk in my cereal. I have lost a few more pounds riding to school and also walking uptown since I live close by (I've aso been biking, and walking uptown isn't new it's just morefrequent since my dad works uptown). I will continue to ride to school for it relieves my back pain I've been having recently and I lose weight, the only time I don't eat breakfast is when I ride for if I do I'll get an upset stomach.
Bookmark and Share
Hypochondria is like a shadow, always there. I used to do so much fun stuff without my anxiety and now I do so little with it :(

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 08:02:31 PM »
I forgot to mention, I also quit eating milk and cereal. It was just way too easy to eat a couple of bowls of milk and cereal before bed at night.
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Tags: