Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hit my temple...now I'm worrying!  (Read 215 times)

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Hit my temple...now I'm worrying!
« on: April 28, 2014, 11:20:26 AM »
I was at a nature center with my son yesterday afternoon. We were about to leave when I bent down to put his hat on and in the midst of it hit my temple on a pointy arrow sign that was sticking out (it was a post with several arrow signs on it...terrible spot for it and and definitely a liability). It definitely hurt but didn't bleed, stay red for long or bruise up. Despite that it still hurts today when I press on it and of course, now my anxiety is kicking into action.

I am pregnant and have been suffering tension headaches a fair bit. I know I had a tension headache yesterday morning that carried on for the rest of the day and decided to take tylenol in the evening which helped. As of this morning I still have achiness around my eyes, in the back of my neck and around my nose and I keep worrying that it's related to hitting my temple :( Realistically I know that I had this before I hit my temple but am still worried that it still hurts.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hit my temple...now I'm worrying!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:44 PM »
My guess?  You bruised your head.  Your skull does a really good job of protecting your brain.  You didn't fall from higher than head height onto concrete, you just bent down and bopped your head.  You'll be fine!   :action-smiley-065: :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Chantelle

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hit my temple...now I'm worrying!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »
Thank you for replying wegngis. Anything involving my head always leads to anxiety for me. My headache didn't get worse (though it's still sticking around) and it's been 24 hours so I think I will be alright  :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: