Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: HPPD  (Read 155 times)

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
HPPD
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:59:15 PM »
Hallucinogen Persistent Perception Disorder. I have almost all the symptoms and have had them for around 4 years or so. There's no way to really diagnose it, so I guess I'm self-diagnosed. I've had eye tests and a CT scan etc and they've all been negative. I do have acute astigmatism. HPPD information sites ans forums all say that eventually the symptoms will subside....I just feel like mine never will.....like I've fucked myself up. Yes I've done drugs, yes I've been sober for a while now. I don't remember my symptoms just starting out of nowhere after aq night of drugs....I just know that I start alizing them and became very anxious because of it. Anyways, does anyone else suffer from the sunrooms of HPPD or have any suggestions? Just looking to relate. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HPPD
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
I looked it up and yeah, I have a bunch of those.  I'm also severely nearsighted, which I assume has to do with it.  Never done drugs so I guess it's not exactly the same thing.  Annoying as hell though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: HPPD
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:27:01 PM »
I've done a lot of reading up on it. Some people may have it without any drug use. And like I said, I can't say that my drug use caused my symptoms....although I'm positive they didn't help. To elaborate, I've done acid six times....five were which after I determined I had hppd...and my eyesight had remained the same. I've been having terrible anxiety lately but I've been sober for mo.ths now and have made dietary changes as well, in an attempt to be healthier overall.  It's just frustrating that everything is constantly moving around me, that's the worst for me. The visual snow and things shaking...nothing ever looks right. It's a wonder I've not gone totally mad.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: