Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Endoscopic ultrasound with tumor removal  (Read 274 times)

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Endoscopic ultrasound with tumor removal
« on: April 27, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
I have an EUS with carcinoid tumor removal on Thursday. The closer it gets, the more scared I get it. I worry thwt the biopsy came back wrong and that it is a really bad cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Endoscopic ultrasound with tumor removal
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
Hey try to think positive: That the problem has been caught and you've gotten yourself a fine doctor that is dedicated to your health.  They will follow up with you to make sure you stay healthy.  The sooner this is over with the sooner you can regain control of your life and enjoy being you :)  You have the anxietyzone family supporting you 100%.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:38:55 PM »
Thanks Ifa. If it has gone into the muscle they will ot be able to remove it then. They will have to do a more invasive surgery. Its a rectal carcinoid. Well differentiated. The doctor said there was no rush on the procedure which is why i have waited six weeks for this. I am scared of waking up to find out it has spread over my body and i wont see my baby grow up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:59:04 PM »
I wouldn't think that far ahead yet.
If you doctor said there is no rush for the procedure then you should have a little peace of mind.  Im sure if your doctor felt your tumor needed urgent treatment he/she would have urged you to have this done sooner.  Take these next few days to relax, you deserve a bit of rest from your anxiety :) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »
what were your symptoms?

I have an anal fissure that still tears a little even afyer 7months
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 10:37:17 PM »
Good luck!  I'd be nervous too, but it will probably go fine :)  Doctors are trained in identifying these things, and they wouldn't take chances on a tumor that MIGHT be problematic.  It's bad for business ;) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »
I think anyone in your situation would be anxious.  All of us here really admire your strength!!  You are handling this very well.

Hang in there.  One day at a time.  Try to just take it hour by hour.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 07:43:59 AM »
Iamhealthy.... My tumor doesnt have any symptoms. I had a colonoscopy because of bleeding and I have a polyp. I truely believe the only reason I had the polyp was to find the tumor. At my follow up colonoscopy a year later, i did ot have any new polyps. They did not biopsy the tumor the first time because it looks like a lipoma. They biopsied it this time because it was a little bigger and it came back as carcinoid.

Molly...i know there are different stains they can do. I asked the doctor if this was cancer and he said if we leave it, it will be. Most carcinoids in the rectum wre non functioning. So it is kind of like a non cancerous cancer if you get that. Indolent is better to use than benign.

Soaring...thanks. At first I was mad that the doctor did not biopsy it the first time, but I am now thankful. I had horrible insurance the first time. This time, i have great insurance and pay little to nothing. In the very small picture i have from my colonoscopy, i can see it in the background. The doctor did not give me a close up, thank God. It looks like a lipoma. It doesnt look like a carcinoid. The doctor said I did not even have to have anesthesia but he would make sure I had some since I am nervous and might be squirmy. Uh yea. A camera is going up my rear and something getting cut out. Give me meds. Lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline AdaJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 08:56:33 AM »
Hi Brick, I can't comment much on your specific tumour but just wanted to say I share your pain and know what you're going through! I had a kidney removed 4 weeks ago because of a tumour and it's been he'll waiting for the biopsy results. I get them tomorrow and you can't imagine how scared I am. I've accepted it's cancer because they told me there's a 98% chance it is. I just really hope it's the common type of kidney cancer because then I'm almost certainly cured (if it hasn't spread). I'm terrified it's the aggressive cancer because I heard it can't be treated. It's rare but tends to strike younger people (I'm in my 30s) so this is giving me nightmares.

I know just how you feel. I have two small children, a girl of 3 and a 1 year old boy. I've cried so many times at the thought of leaving them without a mother - or being ill throughout their childhoods.

I know nothing about your condition but it all sounds really positive and I bet you'll be fine.

Good luck. Waiting for the results is definitely the worst thing!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AdaJ

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 09:02:16 AM »
Just wanted To add my tumour was found by chance too when they were investigating a bladder problem (completely unrelated to the kidney cancer). I too feel like I was sent this bladder problem so they'd find the tumour. I've never been religious before but now I feel like someone was looking out for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 01:27:23 PM »
So sorry to hear about your tumor. I am religious and I fully believe that is why I had a polyp. Rectal carcinoid has a very good prognosis if it has not spread. Hopefully, I will be cured on Thursday. I have a two year old son and we were trying to have another baby. Please let me know how your results go!
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2014, 01:57:47 PM »
Wishing you all the best for Thursday!  I know how nerve-wracking the waiting is.  Sometimes I think it's 100 times worse than the actual procedure.  Anything we can do to help you get through the week?  Cat videos?  Funny pictures?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 02:21:06 PM »
The waiting and what ifs are the worst! Haha, i have to say you are my best friend right now. Cat videos? My absolute favorite!
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 02:38:45 PM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member