Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Depersonalization Treatments  (Read 105 times)

Offline emmiesuz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Depersonalization Treatments
« on: April 27, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »
Hello-
I am new here and have spent the past hour reading and posting and feeling so grateful that this forum exists.  I already feel understood and not alone.  Thank you.

I am realizing that along with my Anxiety, OCD and Depression I also have Depersonalization.  I've always felt this but finally I know there is a name for it and I am not alone in the dread of it.  I am on antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds....is this really the only treatment for it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

EMily
Bookmark and Share

Offline ObiLaws

• Padawan
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Believe in the power of the mind
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depersonalization Treatments
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 10:45:39 PM »
Hey emmiesuz, welcome to the forum! It's a great place for everybody like us to find support in one another, it's great that you're here!

As far as your problem goes, I personally haven't dealt with depersonalization though I can see why it would be scary. Aside from antidepressants and anti-anxiety meds, there's a slew of homeopathic remedies I've been taking recently that have been a huge help. I don't know where you live but near where I live there's a store called Lassen's Natural Foods and Vitamins. They sell a whole bunch of things that have been helping me with my anxiety, such as Nerve Tonic melting tablets, Pharma GABBA chewable relaxing dietary supplements, some different calming teas, lavender oil, etc. I'm not sure how much these would help with your depersonalization but if that's coming about because of your anxiety and other issues, then there's a possibility they may help you. I personally find the Nerve Tonic tablets to be very helpful and after a couple of nights of being barely able to sleep, putting the lavender oil on a rag in my pillow case knocked me out cold for a good night's sleep.

Another thing to keep in mind is that there's all sorts of self-help books and articles on the internet that will help you cope with it and possibly even reduce its presence in your life, if not eliminate it completely. If you use the search function on this forum and type in "depersonalization" you'll find a bunch of posts and threads from different people also suffering from it and seeing what they have to say about it, what's worked for them, links to books and articles that can help, etc.

Hope you find something to help you through this :)

Cody
Bookmark and Share
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Offline emmiesuz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depersonalization Treatments
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:39:40 PM »
Thank you!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: