Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My father a major part of my anxiety  (Read 25 times)

Offline Jdm1886

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My father a major part of my anxiety
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:49:05 PM »
My good ol pops. I would say he is a major reason for some of my mental state currently. To say the least he was not a good person. He is a complex man who I naturally feel sorry for. The guy used to beat the hell out of my mother and I for many years. He always tries to keep me down, making me think I was worthless etc. The man was not a drug or alcohol user, just an angry and hateful individual. The guy had an affinity for breaking what little possessions I had. My home was a place of fear until one day at around age 14 I fought back. I got my ass handed to me but from that day on I never ever took any crap from him. My outlook towards life is bleek to say the least. From my relationships with people to how I think and talk is still corrupted. On top of all that he literally dropped my brother, sister and mother off at my grandmothers house one day and started a new family. Nice huh?
 Fast forward 13 years. I barely talk to or see him. Doesn't ask how my 1 year old son is doing. It's pathetic. I don't blame him for my mistakes at all, but my psyche is greatly affected to this day. Thanks for listening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: My father a major part of my anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 12:55:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: