Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Keep Vomitting  (Read 139 times)

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Keep Vomitting
« on: April 26, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »
Drank last night, not loads but enough to give me a bad headache this morning. After mroe sleep ni felt a bit ropey, dizzy mainly and a bit of derealization. New medication im on, 2 weeks in. Mirtazapine. Made me eat lots almost constantly. Go to bed and start feeling nausea. I throw up several times and now my anxiety is going nutsa. I'm trembling, get a fdew hot flushes, stomach ache, bad gas. I just feel like i'm at death's door even though i know bi'm not. Cant get the taste of sick out my mouth. Feel like i need to vomit more but i'm scared to. Last time I vommitted a fewe months back I vomitted up some blood and went to A&E told it wasn't any cause for concern. But it's just got my anxiety going and I feel like i'm losing it.  My hands are trembling as I write this I can't switch things off.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Keep Vomitting
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »
Could be what you drank or ate not sitting right, could be you've caught the stomach flu.  Nausea is miserable business but it's rarely anything to worry about.  Make sure you stay hydrated, as that can worsen it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 02:51:45 AM »
After an hour staying up I managed to drift off to sleep After the nausea started ;lessening I was getting bad stomach aches. This morning I woke up feeling ok but now the stomach ache has returned. It's agony soimetimes. Could be trapped wind, i'm not sure. Went to the toilet fine. Anxiety did cause me to have a 3 month long stomach ache once. It's never been that bad since but I remember from the GP and hospital visits that stomach pains aren't anything to worry about unless accompanied by a fever and sweating, constant vomitting or if you're passing blood or havre constipation or diarehhea. I have none of these just a very bad stomach ache. Not sure if it's wind, I know that can cause extreme stomach pains. This feels more acidic. When  I was sick last night it wasn't really food it was more liquid and tasted like bile. So perhaps my stomach acid levels are just playing up. Thankfully the pains come and go and aren't building and building in severity so I know it's nothing sinister.

But I can rationalize virtually all my anxiety pains, but that doesn't make them disappear any faster. Of course when I worry and fret about them it can make them worse or last a lot longer.

Such a fun way to live eh?

Ed
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 07:12:38 AM »
Eh the stomach feeling isn't going away. Feels very acidic and constant. Feels quite high up at times, just below the centre of my chest. Other times it's down near my naval. I know that stomach aches aren't anything new. But recently stomach pains have felt a lot more acidic instead of the normal ache. It's quite hard to describe. But when I had that bout of stomach pains that lasted 3 months solid I tried 4 or 5 over the counter IBS medications and 1 proton pump inhibitor from the Dr. Nothing seemed to help. I finally accepted it was anxiety and it gradually faded away when my worries and fears devoted themselves to alternate pains and sensations. Always the way isn't it? I got back home recently from going out to take photos. When I was walking it seemed to be aggrevating the stomach pains. When I get back home I'm overcome with a dizzy.giddy feeling and the stomach ache isn't even there. Then I sit in my room and the stomach pains is back.

I know that you should rationalize anxiety pains. Remind yourself you're not in any danger. Don't let fear or worries get the best of you as you'll only increase fight or flight chemicals in your body and drag the ordeal out longer. But, as other's have said on here; I get 24/7 symptoms and pains. I know you can have parts of the day that you feel normal and good but it's not enough to let your mind and body repair itself. I mean you can try and put a smile on your face when going through severe pains and unnerving symptoms but deep down, regardless of rationalization I can't see myself being able to get out of the vicious cycle.

I've read some success stories with medication but the tales I have read never seem to be similar to mine. People with panic attacks, scared of travelling or crowds etc. I've not read any cases of people with 24/7 pains and sensations without relent and only ever during a panic attack perhaps once in 2 or 3 months. I've not read cases such as those being cured by medication. I wonder if I waited too long before trying a medication. I think to myself that perhaps my mind and body are so entrenched in anxiety now that it's going to take something spectacular to get me out of this hole i'm in.

After CBT I felt more equipped to deal with anxiety but my therapists methods felt lacking and in all honesty I think I need to find a therapist who is more compatible for me. I guess it's the same as medication; it takes time to find the right one for you.

Ed
Bookmark and Share

Tags: