Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sickness/hypochondria  (Read 147 times)

Offline Stick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sickness/hypochondria
« on: April 26, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »
Hello. Two nights ago I began to feel very tired. It was nighttime anyway, so I went to bed, assuming that the anxious/stressful day I had on that particular day was the cause. I didn't sleep that well that particular night. I woke up the next day feeling tired again. I assumed this was due to my lack of good sleep earlier at night. I was tired pretty much the whole day, although a nap seemed to lessen my tiredness a bit. Today I woke up and still feel tired, but still not as tired as the day before. I also have a stiff neck/back and muscle tension around the area, (since this morning) and swollen, slightly painful (when I open my jaw wide) lymph nodes in my neck. I am experiencing shortness of breath, but I assume this is related to my worrying about my symptoms rather than something else. I haven't  checked for a fever yet.

The only reason this worries me is because someone in my neighborhood had bacterial meningitis recently, and someone who is in contact with them regularly went to my house for a brief period of time (showing no signs of infection though). I realize this is unlikely though, because the person who had it is now on antibiotics and I have already had my meningitis vaccinations (although I am not sure what kind of meningitis I was vaccinated for). The symptoms I am experiencing now are more like slight annoyances than actual "problems" right now, but I am a hypochondriac sometimes.
I also noticed that I am sweating a lot right now at this particular moment.

what do you think? how much of this is actually caused by anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sickness/hypochondria
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:16:42 PM »
If you look in the hypochondria page in the orange section the 4th post down is a BIG,LONG list of symptoms that our anxiety can cause, heck I am going through theraphy and have no HA present but my side symptoms are there such as difficulty to swallow, shaking, hallucinations, oversalvating, etc. Trust me the list is helpful!
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Stick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
The shortness of breathe and sweating were definately just my anxiety, they went away over time.

The rest of my symptoms are probably due to an actual sickness. My symptoms seem To be like viral or aseptic meningitis, which isn't serious and go's away. I think this because my symptoms progress over days rather than hours....but there is always my inner hypochondriac who is freaking out right now because the idea of dying of bacterial meningitis is scary and should be prevented at all costs...even though I don't nearly FEEL like I am dying...at least, not yet.

That seems to be a major cause of hypochondria. Getting worried over symptoms but not considering how severe these symptoms are.

Pimple-like rash is a sign of bacterial meningitis, and I have always had a lot of pimples on my upper back: this isn't going to be good for me. I also feel nausous when I eat, but it is the morning, and I had woken up earlier, hungry, and I didn't eat anything. Can that case nausea? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline LadyCalamari

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 06:19:04 PM »
I also feel nausous when I eat, but it is the morning, and I had woken up earlier, hungry, and I didn't eat anything. Can that case nausea? 

Yeah, not eating can definitely cause nausea! I get it a lot.
Bookmark and Share