Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lump under arm bigger, rounder, more painful  (Read 136 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lump under arm bigger, rounder, more painful
« on: April 26, 2014, 10:08:00 AM »
So my armpit lump - which I've been avoiding touching recently in hopes that it'll go away if I just ignore it - has gotten bigger and fuller, and also quite painful to the touch.  Naturally I'm in a bit of a panic.  I know lymphoma generally doesn't hurt, but this thing just keeps growing and it's freaking me out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump under arm bigger, rounder, more painful
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
Have you had it looked at by a doctor? It might be a cyst!
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 11:37:03 AM »
I did, and he said he thought it was indeed a cyst, though it was flatter and painless at the time.  I'm concerned because I have pain in the other underarm as well - both have been sore for a while.  And now I'm having pain in my other nodes - neck, groin and collarbone - but that could just be normal pain twinges that I'm overthinking because of my worries. 

The doctor said to get in touch if it kept getting bigger so I guess I'll be calling the office on Monday.  Not sure if I should talk to him on the phone or just go in - he's usually pretty patient and won't tell me to come in if he really doesn't think it's necessary. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
That's good you know what it is, I remember when  I was younger I found a large one behind my ear and I was freeking out so I went to the school nurse who said it was something that a doctor should look at and then I went home to my parents yelling at me "Are you doing this to just get attention?!?!?!" I think the fact that I didn't know what it was was scary to me and that fellows was the start of the questioning of my health and the precautions I did to keep myself healthy, as for the thing that really set it off was when I had my fingers tingling from Carpel Tunnel for I thought it was the start of rabies. LOL the knowledge and symptoms can go to your head  :laugh3: I do have cysts mostly in my underarms and my thighs so they're a normal thing that I don't freek out about.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 03:03:37 PM »
I've been having a lot of prickling in my hands, feet, arms and legs as well, which has me worried about lymphoma.  But that could also just be nerves.

I don't know if I've had cysts like this before - I know I have one right under my eyebrow, though.  (Never went to a doctor for it because it's not something I'm worried about and I'd be too afraid to have it drained or removed as it's so close to my eye.)   

And yeah, we would all be so much happier if we didn't know all we did, I think.  Sigh!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: