Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared  (Read 192 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared
« on: April 25, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
I will try to be as clear as possible with this as I feel there is so much going on and I am fearful.

So I have a problem with my bladder. Feel like I need to urinate all the time when I am on my feet. Feel a pressure in it. When I go I often feel I can't get it all out and when I stand up after wiping I dribble a tiny bit. Leaking a bit when I cough or bend over. bI've been tested multiple times for infection and never have any nor blood.

I am also having stomach issues. Really soft stools often and then constipation. Dull stomach ache on right side. Nausea after eating. Bloating on and off. Acid reflux. I've been tested for celiac and pancreas problems via blood tests all negative. All other bloods normals. Test for h pylori also negative. I have recently put a stool sample in to check for inflammation in my colon. So will see what that says. I don't see any blood in my stools when I check on toilet paper but I read it can be microscopic and not seen??

I'm going for a scan on my bladder on Wednesday. My gp said they will prob check my ovaries for me too at same time. She doesn't think all of this is related. She has said I have a mild bladder prolapse(had a horrific labour 1 year ago and a 3rd degree tear). She says the bowel issues are ibs.

But I'm terrified I have a tumour somewhere like my colon and it's pressing on my bladder. Or that I have ovarian cancer. I've recently started panicking about colon cancer.

I'm so scared to go for this ultrasound next week.

Please can anyone help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:11:37 PM »
If you had colon cancer and it was to the point where it was pressing against your bladder you'd know...trust me. My mom had stage four metastic colon cancer. For years she had blood in every stool, terrible stomach pains. It wasn't a full ache or urinating. Bladder problems and colon cancer have next to no correlation...you don't have colon cancer. I'd put money on this. Most colon cancers start as polyps and take years (10 years) to become cancer... You probably drink a lot of water.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 03:21:21 PM »
Also, I went thru a scare myself and recently had a colonoscopy. I had blood in my stools and bad stomach pains. Small movements and just nasty ones. Because my mom had it I got screened. I had nothing. Quit fearing the worst. You're only feeding your already negative thoughts. You're ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 05:10:06 AM »
Hi Nk

Thanks for that. I'm sorry to hear about your mom.

When you say she had blood in every stool was it noticeable amounts then I take it?

I'm just hoping and praying the urine and bowel issues are related to the damage that was done in the labour off giving birth.

I'm so glad to hear your colonoscopy turned out clear and it really is frightening how our minds can make thing worse. I mean I've had this urine issue for months since having my baby as he is a year. But I went through a scare for most of this year worrying about neck lymph nodes. I eventually went for a sono after not believing my gp and ENT and it showed nothing but muscle tissue! Anyway i stopped feeling my neck and all of a sudden I started focussing on this urine issue and now it'l takes up most of my head space. Going to the toilet is a drama and every time i go I feel anxious . It's like this huge issue and yet I've had it for months and it didn't bother me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 09:49:08 AM »
I had a horrific labor with my daughter.  Ended up with so many sutures the Dr lost count…he just knew how many pack of sutures he used and it was 4.  I still have bladder issues and she's 14.  Anxiety makes them soooo much worse.  If you focus on them, you feel the constant need to urinate. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: