Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: please help if you can  (Read 88 times)

Offline Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
please help if you can
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:26:15 AM »
For the past couple of months I have been waking up in the morning so stiff! It usually eases off in a few hours.

I originally thought there was a link between taking my birth control before I go to bed , however I googled ( of course I did) and nop nothing!

What did come up though was Fibromylagia? This seems a very misunderstood disease however the symptoms are very similar to those of anxiety!

Im not sure if I worry during the night and that's why im so stiff I also have itching which starts at night and disturbs my sleep. Of course this leads me to believe I do infact have lymphoma , the disease I fear all along. However, I started itching two and half years ago...rationally I would be ill by now?

Another interesting point made was fibromyalgia patients tend to have an intolerance to alcohol in the sense that it makes pain worse, something I have dealt with for over two years ( hence the lymphoma fears).

Does anyone have some thoughts? I cant face going to my doctor with another illness lol.

the chances of me having lymphoma are low right? I hope so.

Not sure if I fancy being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia either, or it could be like the doctor said ,,, anxiety

thanks guys,

Gemma xxx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: please help if you can
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:29:50 PM »
yes chances of lymphoma are low. i have 2 friends that have had or has lymphoma. One is currently on his last round of chemo and the other had non hodgkins lymphoma. he did some type of treatment about 6 years ago and he beat it and has been healthy ever since then. I dunno what causes lymphoma but the one thing both of my friends have in common is they have smoked weed several times a day, everyday for years. im not saying that caused it but ive always had my suspicions.
When it comes to fibromyalgia. i have lots of physical symptoms of the years. too many to list. a doctor once put me on a med for fibromyalgia and my family doctor disagreed and took me off. he says and always has said that I have anxiety.ive been seeing him for over 10 year now and im still alive. ive been through fears that i have some type of cancer, autoimmune disorders (MS, ALS, lupus etc), lymes disease, brain tumor, i could keep going.
If it helps you any i too get itchiness when i go to sleep some nights. its my legs and i claw the heck out of them, it happens rights as im about to go to sleep. i used to have times where i would have tingling hands or feet and calves when i would go to sleep. like all other symptoms, once ive had it for awhile and stop fearing it. it usually goes away and replaced by some other symptom.
if you can check your local library for any book by dr john e sarno or dr howard schubiner and read one of those. they give great explanations of how the mind can create physical symptoms and they give great insight on how its "all in your head". assuming you have been seen by your doctor and given a clean bill of health.

it is often offensive when people say its "all in your head" and we just tune out and refuse to listen to people after that but, these doctors show you how it all works and how to overcome it. its not that we are faking the pain or the symptoms. the pain is real, the symptoms are real but can originate in our mind and not from some organic illness. i have overcome several symptoms from what i have learned in those books.
i hope you find some relief soon from your symptoms, best wishes.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Gemmal

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: please help if you can
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »
Walnut that was such a fantastic reply I can't thank you enough !

Yes chest x ray's numerous blood tests all say I have a clean bill of health I'm interested in how the mind creates pain cause I really do feel it ! So will definately check out the books !

Glad to hear both your friends are doing well ! Hopefully I can Nip this thing in the bud soon I would hate to celebrate a third anniversary of anxiety !
Bookmark and Share

Tags: