Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: anxiety and itching or feeling like skin is crawling?  (Read 407 times)

Offline lexie2006

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxiety and itching or feeling like skin is crawling?
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:55:19 PM »
I dont know if its anxiety or if its medical but im itching my skin feels scratchy almost like when a hair stands on your neck or like something is crawling but there is nothing there has anyone else had this happen
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiffycook89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxiety and itching or feeling like skin is crawling?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:45:09 AM »
I have had physical sensations similar to that during periods of extreme anxiety, and also during panic attacks. I've felt anywhere from itching and the urge to scratch at my skin, to a sensation that my skin wasnt on right, like when you put a sweater on and its crooked. I've even had a period of time when I felt as though someone was pouring boiling water over my entire body. In my experience, if it is just anxiety, it usually passes after some time. Usually when I've exhausted myself. Good luck, I know it is a bizzare and uncomfortable feeling. :Hugs:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:16:43 AM »
Anxiety has many many symptoms. Itching can be just another one of them. I have read posts before from people who itch and scratch. Just try and get some sort of hand cream at a chemist. Or cream of some sort. See if that makes any difference at all.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Monica402

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:41:16 AM »
I also get this feeling and it can be very uncomfortable. I have also had that burning feeling like someone lit a match over your whole body. One thing i have learned to do is just breathe very slowly and not be scared of what im feeling because its something i  have felt before and it always passes. Just stay calm and know your not the only one who feels like this at times.Stay Strong. Q
Bookmark and Share

Offline emmiesuz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 06:25:29 PM »
I wonder if this is what I have been feeling.  I have this one spot on my back that has been itching for MONTHS.  I went to a dermatologist and she said there is nothing there.  But its always in the same spot.  Could it be just my anxiety?!?!?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: