Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Prostate Fears/questions ( for the men)  (Read 180 times)

Offline TonyL1

• Rec's: 4
  • Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
Prostate Fears/questions ( for the men)
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:40:45 PM »
K, here I am again with yet another issue,  :laugh3:  K, The last few months, I've had some symptoms that
may indicate a enlarged Prostate, (age 46 ) and no, I didn't google lol, I asked my Psych doc on Tues, who said
just deal with it when you have your next Medical, as it isn't too severe, just weak stream, waking up 4 - 5 times
night , piss dribbles, etc.... hasn't gotten worse, it's just there.  Now I told my mom about this, and she thinks
I should go to doc ASAP.  I probably will soon, but I have no idea what to expect it terms of a fix...  so now I'm freaked out, because of my Mom's attitude on this lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Prostate Fears/questions ( for the men)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 05:44:25 PM »
I always "dribble". I'll take a pee and tuck it back and lord behold, I have wet spots on my legs. Maybe I'm just going too fast...if you're waking up 4-5 times a night just to pee I'd suggest getting it looked at. No pain, you're more than likely ok. You're aging, seems normal to me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:29:23 PM »
i would get it checked out. im 33 and i have had elevated PSA levels since my early 20s. they check it once a year. after further studying i found alot of docs say the psa blood test is not a reliable test. i dont think you should worry. even at my age im like the guy above. i try to shake it out and then when i put it up i get some dribbles some times. irritates the heck out me. i do not go frequently though. it could be enlarged prostate which isnt a really horrible thing.  hope u get some answers soon
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:07:31 PM »
Maybe its a prostate infection
Bookmark and Share

Offline TonyL1

• Rec's: 4
  • Summer is here!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:07 PM »
Hi all, okay I'll make a appointment for this issue soon, I will add however
there is no pain with this, just a nuisance, but better to be safe and get it checked!!
If it is enlarged, any idea what the treatment is? Meds? or more fun, Surgery lol...
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 12:44:36 AM »
Waking at night to pee can depend on how much you drink prior to bed, but can also be a reaction to stress. If you are anxious at night you will pee more.  It's a normal flight or fight reflex.  Also, if you are stressed, you will not be able to relax and have a steady stream. 

As far as dribbling goes... when I was really ill with anxiety I would do the same thing.  Why, I don't know.  Best to get it checked out, but that's my opinion, and I'm not doctor, but have had anxiety illness. 

Re your mom: she is just worried, as most moms are apt to do. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 01:12:44 AM »
usually meds are the first line treatment for enlarged prostate. keep us posted
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline angrry

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 09:03:51 AM »
Hi Tony...I'm 51 and I had the same problem starting about 3 years ago...frequent urination, dribbling, up several times at night. It was all from enlarged prostate. My PSA was rising too, which happens when the prostate starts to enlarge. My doc checked the prostate and found that it felt normal, just enlarged..no lumps. He then prescribed Avodart, I've been on it for 2 years now....no more urination symptoms, I don't have to get up at night anymore. My PSA has also dropped from 2.3 to .82.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: