Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Wondering if anyone has ever had this type of skin cyst  (Read 132 times)

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Wondering if anyone has ever had this type of skin cyst
« on: April 24, 2014, 01:53:42 PM »
This isnt something that I am obsessing over since I have had it for years but I have recently started being more concerned with it.
It is a cyst just below the surface of the skin. Ive had 2 other ones in other places surgically removed. This one though is at the base of my skull just near the hairline and very close to my spine. Its been there for a few years. One night about 2 years ago I squeezed it really hard and got alot of white stuff out of it. Then of course the cyst was alot smaller for quite sometimes. It has for some time now grown back to the old size which is a little bigger than a peanut M&M. I tried squeezing it out again but it doesnt appear to have a way to escape this time.
Of course as soon as I started showing some attention to it I started getting very light pains on the left side of my head. (same side the cyst is on) The pains are very similar to occipital headaches that you get that feels like pain the shape of a rams horn. Im pretty sure the head pains are just a symptoms my mind has created.
I was just wondering if someone else may have had one of these. It concerns me being so close to my spine. and skull. Thanks
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Wondering if anyone has ever had this type of skin cyst
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 03:29:35 PM »
If it's causing you discomfort I'd ask your doctor about draining it.  I highly doubt it'll cause any harm, though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
I have a cyst on my wrist, its been here a uear and my sis had one and my mom stfrted developing one a few days ago. I dnt know if its a skin cyst but all of us had it on the wrist
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:32:36 PM »
thanks for the replies. its only painful because i tried to squeeze it out to no avail. i have had one removed from my back and a small on in the groin area. doctor said it was caused by me having such oily skin and large pores. he said i was just prone to them getting clogged no matter how much i clean. oh well.  guess ill just leave it alone and let it heal
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: