Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Praying someone can help me !!!  (Read 321 times)

Offline crosbie87

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Praying someone can help me !!!
« on: April 24, 2014, 10:37:04 AM »
Hello everyone. I have been in/out of this forum for about a year now. I am currently worried something is wrong with me but I am fighting my HA and trying to convince myself I am okay.

I feel good 50% of the time, but I also sometimes have this very slight nauseous sensation. Itís not enough to really disrupt my day or make me want to puke .. but enough for me to notice it is there. I also sometimes have a lightheaded feeling, sort of like Iím floating. What bring me hope is that:

1.   Itís not consistent at all. I will have an episode during the day and then it goes away. I never have it when I wake up and it always disappears in the late evening /night.
        When I am ready for bed, I am perfectly fine and feel myself 110%.
2.   I have had this feeling now for almost 2 years. It started a few months after my dad died and at the time I had started worrying about dying. I have already gone about 6
        months without any symptom .. but it eventually came back. Also sometimes it can dissapear for 2-3 weeks and then return.
3.   It hasnít gotten worse.
4.   I have no other symptoms at all.
5.   When I am REALLY REALLY busy, meaning not thinking about it or trying to notice if itís there, it actually disappears.

Based on all this, I have somewhat convinced myself that itís anxiety related, but I am not fully convinced 100%. I need all your opinions please !!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Praying someone can help me !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
You've had a terrible thing happen assuming your father was not old and you dealt with it. Distress, anxiety, even depression, etc. can manifest themselves in any number of ways, some of which you describe.

You may want to look into CBT such as books in your library, turn to exercise, maybe journaling, maybe meditation to prevent symptoms from getting worse. Life can be a bumpy road, but we can learn to navigate all aspects of it. Be prepared, be accepting, learn and grow. Maybe this can help a little.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »
Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I think the real key for me to get through this is to accept FULLY 100% of the time that this is being caused by anxiety. I just don't feel like i'm there yet. I just want to hear all your opinions and maybe that will help me realize what I am experiencing is nothing sinister. I would however really want your honest opinions.... based on what I described, does it seem serious ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 01:17:09 PM »
anyone ??? please
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 01:42:55 PM »
What are you afraid is wrong?

Crosbie, I say this in the most compassionate way possible (because I totally know where you are)ówhen you keep dipping into the well of others-supplied reassurance, you're doing yourself a disservice. In our collective quest for freedom from HA, we need to always be working toward the goal of self-reassurance. Go back and re-read your initial post: you have vague, non-debilitating nausea; it began two years ago after your dad died; it doesn't get worse; you have no other symptoms; and (most telling) when you're busy, you forget about it.

You have literally said it yourselfóthere's nothing to worry about here. You're letting your anxious thoughts get the best of you right now. While it's hard, this is exactly the time to counter your anxiety with logic, because the more you learn to counter your OWN anxious thinking, the better you'll get at reassuring yourself that you're healthy of body.

Have you ever pursued any kind of anxiety treatment? 
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 03:37:30 PM »
I have found several things that relax me, like going for walks and playing video games. It's weird but when I am feeling crappy it's like a snow ball effect and I start to lose interest in my day. I suddenly have no more interest in playing video games which is a big passion of mine. Funny enough .. when I do start playing and getting into the game, my nausea goes away
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 09:49:48 AM »
No one can help me here ???
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 01:16:30 PM »
I can't believe there are no responses .... I feel helpless :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 03:52:14 PM »
anyone ??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »
Dear crosbie, there is a plethora of reasons for me to believe it is anxiety. Just the fact that it disappears when you dont think about it, justifies my suspicion. Relax, you are fine, you only need to calm down :)
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »
Dear crosbie, the consensus is it is anxiety and the help for anxiety can be so broad and varied.

For me it is also walking and also yoga, tai chi, meditation, exercise in the gym, reading, thinking, journaling. Others see therapists or take mild meds. You are on a road to discovery, an adventure in self-help. Share with us what you learn so we can learn too.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: