Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Irregular arm swing when walking  (Read 78 times)

Online Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Irregular arm swing when walking
« on: April 24, 2014, 06:15:39 AM »
Ok, just when I thoguht my anxiety couldn´t get any worse I find a "new" symptom indicating Young onset Parkinsons; my arm swing when walking is off. Sometime my left arm swings, sometimes my right arm swing, but they never seem to swing perfectly when I have both hands free (I mostly walk with my dog). I tend to keep tension in one arm regardless of if I´m holding something or not, and they almost never swing freely (always some tension holding the natural arm swing back).

My logical reasoning behind this is that it could have something to do with actual tension, I.e. that I´m tensing up due to anxiety and thus restrict movement somewhat. Could it realy be that simple?

I keep reading that people are diagnosed by their lack of arm swing, but can Parkinson realy be the only illness that affect arm swing? Wouldn´t tension due to anxiety also affect arm swing and walking pattern?
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Online Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Irregular arm swing when walking
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:12:15 PM »
And if anxiety related, what can I do to alleviate some tension from my muscles?
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Tags: