Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Another sleepless night.....  (Read 121 times)

Offline Carol7373

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Another sleepless night.....
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:53:26 AM »
Went to the doc today for another bad cold and she found a soft lump in the front of my neck right above collarbone.  She was concerned enough to send me for an ultrasound.  Said could be a gland, could possibly be thyroid issue, or cyst....won't know til they look at it.  Now I am freaking out.  I have cried all night because I am convinced I have cancer.  My chest and back and throat feel so tight and tense.  I just cannot relax.  Google has made it worse.  I have no one to talk to about this.  I just feel like I cannot get a handle on myself anymore. I also have a super swollen tonsil that an ent is going to look at.   Worried about that too.  I swear it is all downhill when you turn 40.  My anxiety never used to be about my health....used to be normal panic attacks (if you can call a panic attack normal). Funny how now I would rather have a panic attack than a constant worry over my health.  At least the panic attack would end!
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Another sleepless night.....
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »
Carol it may be a gland there is a big one in the neck just above the collar bone. You prob. Just have a minor infection from your tonsil. Don't worry too much ultra sound will be able to tell what it is and ent is the right direction. God bless and our right about downhill after 40 I'm 47 and know what your talking about lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline scared_dad

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Another sleepless night.....
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »
When I read your symptoms, it sounds like you should not be worried. But I know if I were in your shoes I would be scared silly.  I was up all night worried about cancer too. I agree with you. I would much rather have a non health related panic attack than this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: