Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Somatization Disorder  (Read 192 times)

Offline ksm921

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Somatization Disorder
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »

Somatization Disorder

Hi everyone , has anyone been dx with somatization disorder ? How long did it last did you take anything to get it to go away ? I been dealing with this a year and 8 months .... 
Had every every every test , procedure know to man " .... Anyone ? Any advice ....thanks
My sx are everything , chest pain , headache , etc ... Everything sx of anxiety , panic disorder etc ....
Bookmark and Share

Offline mchuels

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Somatization Disorder
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 02:46:59 PM »
Hi. My 11-yr-old son has somatization. The single biggest thing - and it's very, very hard - is to not let yourself have any secondary gains from the disorder. What do I mean? Maybe your brain is trying to avoid work. So no matter how bad you feel, you have to go to work. With him, we have to make him go to school no matter how bad he feels. The good news is that he usually improves tremendously once he gets there. So in other words, you have to face the fear (which may be subconscious). As long as you let it control you, the more often you'll have symptoms. I hope this helps and I hope it gives you some resolve. Get yourself a good psychiatrist who has dealt with the disorder. Good luck - it's a battle but you can do it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: