Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Unexplained- so frustrated  (Read 136 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Unexplained- so frustrated
« on: April 23, 2014, 05:26:02 PM »
I was recently told I had lupus by a rheumatologist due to my symptoms
And bloodwork however recently the diagnosis has been changed after further testing.  Since I had some root canal work done in early November I have felt ill with malaise, anxiety, depression, migrating joint pain, fatigue, hives in the sun, facial rashes and peripheral neuropathy, sensations of raindrops on skin, dizziness, ringing in ears etc. My doctors suspect lupus however my most recent tests have returned negative including ANA, ENA, Sed rate, FBC, complement levels etc.

I'm so confused, I don't see what other condition could cause my symptoms, I even get the malar rash but it's more of a flush. I attempted a biopsy of the rash with a dermatologist however it came back showing seborrheic dermatitis and he said the flushing I get is fairly common. It's so clear I have early lupus but the blood results aren't showing it. I'm considering visiting a biological dentist and having the root canals removed as I was in perfect health before they were done and ever since my whole life has fallen apart.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Unexplained- so frustrated
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:28:33 PM »
What was the diagnosis changed to?  Also, a second opinion is certainly an option.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 05:35:59 PM »
You are either a dr House case and have some rare one in a million disease, or it's mostly anxiety related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:51:19 PM »
Sorry to hear you haven't had this resolved yet. I know how frustrating it can be when you can't get a diagnosis. I am in the same situation. I have had neurological symptoms for quite some time and have had no diagnosis. Both scary and frustrating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 07:02:15 PM »
they're now saying it's CFS or post viral fatigue but this makes no sense as i can still exercise and my fatigue isn't worse after exercise. No other condition would cause hives in the sun. i've read several people who've said that Lupus takes a long time to show in blood tests and my constellation of symptoms are pointing to that and nothing else. Lyme disease is the only other possibility but i see no way how i could have contracted this. I was fit and well till i had a root canal and all my problems stemmed from this. I have read several articles online about root canals and the potential dangers involved in them and don't want to become a victim of charlatans and scammers but i can't help but see the connection. a fit and active 21 year old has been reduced to a wreck sleeping 12 hours a day, depressed, in agony with no answer and blood tests showing nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: