Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Low T and depression/anxiety  (Read 118 times)

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Low T and depression/anxiety
« on: April 23, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
Hey Guys,

Has anyone on here ever been diagnosed with low testosterone and received treatment?  How do you feel now?

Here's my story: I've had depression/anxiety problems for several years.  Fatigue has been a real problem for me the last several months.  I went and got a sleep study and was found to have moderate sleep apnea (22/hr).  I hoped that would alleviate the fatigue and maybe the anxiety.  Three months into CPAP and I'm still tired all the time.  I did some research on Youtube and started thinking maybe its low t.  I'm 30 so I didn't think I had it but got tested anyway..... I was at 246, normal is between 350-1000.  A guy my age should be 3 times that in the 700s. I became very interested after reading low T's secondary issues....DEPRESSION, AND LOSS OF CONCENTRATION.  I start cream treatment tomorrow, god willing I see an improvement.
Bookmark and Share

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Low T and depression/anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:40:16 PM »
Me.  I received treatment in the forms of cream, and then shots every other week.  I don't remember my test results, but I think I was basically about 1/3 of where I should have been.  After starting treatment, I mainly noticed improvements in the area of muscle building.  I had peaked at about 205lbs on the bench press, and that took a lot of training to get to.  After starting treatment I quickly got up to 235lbs with not that much effort.  I guess the PED rumors are true!  I did not notice a huge improvement in depression symptoms.  I think that's just one piece of the puzzle.  Anyway, the main drawback was that it brought on a flurry of migraine headaches.  Since those were pretty horrible, it was decided to back off the supplemental testosterone and revisit sometime in the future.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Rob783

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 01:49:43 PM »
Thanks for your input.  I'm looking forward to gaining some energy to lose weight and add muscle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 03:01:07 PM »
Please update on how the cream works for you. I think my husband has low T...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 03:15:27 PM »
From what I've read if your husband has: lowered sex drive, depression, fatigue,  and brain fog (trouble concentrating) he might want to get checked.  If you have health insurance its a simple blood test to diagnose low t. I'm overweight and diabetic which adds to the deficiency.  The nurse at my doctors office said their patients see relief in as little as a week.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 07:06:14 PM »
He had his T level tested and it was in the low 300's if I remember correctly. This was when he was 33, should have been WAY higher but his Dr. said it was in the normal range. He doesn't have very much muscle tone, but it's the LOW drive that gets me. Anywho, I hope the cream works for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: