Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need some input about this fear..  (Read 117 times)

Offline gvjaguar

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need some input about this fear..
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:49:45 AM »
Hey Everyone,

So it's been about 7 months into worrying about the dreaded MS/ALS fears as I began having random muscle twitches all over my body after starting a new job. I would get occasional spasms or twitches in various parts of my body from my legs, arms, back, hands, face, all everywhere in between. Also, I'm only twenty-two, which would make the diagnosis rare, but again as you know with those with anxiety, nothing is ever re-assuring enough.

My current issue are a couple things. It seems like whenever I cough, sneeze, or do other things I get a creepy crawly sensation on various parts of my body, usually parts only my clothes are touching? After I rub it or whatever those sensations will disappear. I was just wondering if anybody else experiences similar issues. In addition, another concern I have is sometimes (not all the time) when I yawn, the areas around my neck or shoulders will flutter until the yawn is complete. There is no pain and it immediately stops when I'm done yawning, could that be indicative of a pinched nerve or at least something that isn't serious? I do have occasional neck pain which I believed to be from weightlifting but I never got anything checked out.

This morning I had a really bad panic attack in which I had an overwhelming sense of fear that was followed by a sun-burn type feeling on my chest and back and such.  My hands were shaking too, but luckily I came out of it within 10 minutes or so. Anyways, any input or similar experiences would be appreciated. I would like to point out that I do not have any weakness in my arms or legs, and I'm only twenty-two, so I'm hoping that's something in my favor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need some input about this fear..
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »
I get goosebumps on my legs when I sneeze and when I feel really anxious I can get a burning sensation on my arms or back. I don't know what causes these symptoms.

Just try to deal with your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gvjaguar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
I'm happy to know there are others that have experienced this. Anybody else with anxious feelings ever experience the creepy-crawly feeling on various parts of their body? Funny thing is, whenever I rub the back of my head or neck I can induce these sensations down my body, which is what makes me think it shouldn't be anything serious, but as always, my anxiety refuses to let me believe anything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »
That is strange when I touch the back of my neck I get the prickly weird feelings in my legs. My concern is that I get surges through my chest and a prickly feeling in the skin of my legs - scary.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gvjaguar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
Interesting. Anybody else have these symptoms? Ever since I began worrying about yawning and having my shoulders and upper arms fluttering, my upper back/shoulders have been twitching like crazy today. Could this be due to anxiety? And also could a pinched nerve cause upper back pain/twitching? It can't be ALS right?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: