Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: DVT...MS...Stroke...Who knows!...  (Read 166 times)

Offline adellic

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
DVT...MS...Stroke...Who knows!...
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »
hello everyone

at work at the moment and can't concentrate at all, so thought i would come on here where other people may be able to help and offer some advice, i mean, i cant really talk to anyone else about my symptoms, its been going on for so long now that no one really belives me anymore.

if your've ever come across any of my other posts, my main fears have been of heart attacks and seizures. im scared of loosing control and passing out (seizure), i have a huge fear of something happening to me and there being no one there to help, im even to scared to be home alone, and even driving to work can be a struggle some days. i take 1/2 a lorozapam to get me through the day (slowley weining off them).

i cant stress how much i hate anxiety, i just want to be me again :( and not worry about the future and death and all that.
im only 23 ffs, i have a life to live...but right now, its a shitt life.

so anywho, the point of my post, i have some NEW symptoms YAYYY!!!  ::)...lately i've been worrying about strokes and MS (have not googled about these things though as i know what will happen).

my left hand and arm gets quite tingly sometimes, at least once a day minimim, and at the moment its like a dull tightness in my arm, kind of like cramp but not as bad - i kind of got used to it as its not ALWAYS there, but it still bothers me - told the doc, he dosent seem worried - I also mentioned to him that i get it in my face, thinks it could be my breathing (i am a shallow breather sometimes - i dont take time to slow it down and b r e a t h).

then today i started getting these feelings in my left leg, a tight, cramp like feeling like i need a good stretch. its along the back of my leg from like the bottom of my thigh and around down my shin. i made the stupid mistake of hitting google  :angry-smiley-034: and the words DVT came up. now i didnt know what this was, and this is why i dont like to google, if i dont know about it, it wont bother me, but ohh no, i couldnt help myself, i cliked on it and read it and now my anxiety is messing with me and im starting to worry.

i didnt go into full detail on DVT becasue i know it will make me even worse, but like should i be starting to worry about all these cramping/tingling feelings. i dont have any other symptoms, apart from the usual anxiety crap (palps, dizziness, heavy head blah blah blah)... :traurig001: i hate anxiety!

are there any others out there in anxiety zone land with these problems?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: DVT...MS...Stroke...Who knows!...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:38 AM »
Now then, lets talk about symptom checking.

I've done a quick DVT search. And you've taken 1 of the symptoms (out of about 5) and in your head, you now have it! Been there. Trust me.

I recently went through a phase of twitches. No idea why, but my muscles would just twitch. Do you rest on your arms? If you're pressing on nerves it can cause these types of pains and tingles.

Anxiety can also cause tingling throughout the body. Hands, Arms, etc etc.

You're probably over thinking your symptoms and homing in on the arms (for example) - (hence the feeling of cramp/heavyness) I say heavyness because i presume that's what you mean by cramp but not as bad as cramp. Your mind is too focused on that area so everything is heightened.

I get tingles/shivers in my face and head. Yes it's bizarre but i've had them for years and other people here have too.

It's most likely anxiety. What tests has your doctor done? Do they know about your anxiety?

Remember: Anxiety can mess with EVERY part of your body - in various different ways.

I hope you feel better. Calm down.. or at least try -I know how hard it can be. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline adellic

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: DVT...MS...Stroke...Who knows!...
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 12:49:56 AM »
Thanks Dayvid

Haha oh gosh, you know what, I was just thinking about that today, that I focused on one symptom and automatically assumed, sometimes i really think im loosing it! *sigh*

deffenatly overthinking things, im good at that, pretty sure i've been like that all my life from what i've heard.
like before for example, i asked my workmate a question and he said i sounded like i was sluring my words, BOOM automatically thought i was having a stroke, looked in the mirror, no numbness or anything looking out of place etc, im pretty sure i was actaully just mumbling or he didnt quite hear me right, but me being me jumps to the worst possible outcome.
had to take a pill to calm down though so i can finnish off the day at work  >:(

the tingles dont bother me as much anymore, i mean they still do but they aren't triggering me to freak out really bad like i was, i guess im just getting used to it, and the doc said it wasn't anything to concern him - he's a good doc and is clued into anxiety, i trust him and his opinion (though i have trouble getting it through the rational part of my head).

i have had full check ups with my doc who has listened to my lungs/heart, checked blood pressure ect MANY itmes - all fine there, a basic nureo test (that one where they make you do all sorts of reflex/co-ordination/balance things etc), various ECG's (perfect), various trips to A&E (which included more bloods and ecgs - nothing wrong), a holter monitor (which came back perfect) and i am going in for an EEG - my doc dosen't think i need it, but is doing it for my peice of mind.

I shall stop rambling now ha, writting a bit of a novel  ;D
Bookmark and Share