Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: No good nights sleep :/ has anyone else experienced this??  (Read 158 times)

Offline Brittney.kerby0510

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
No good nights sleep :/ has anyone else experienced this??
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »
This has happened more times than I can count and it's starting to really scare me (more than any other symptom I've ever experienced) I will fall asleep, I think I'm sleeping good, then out of no where I'm jolting awake feeling like I can't breathe and like I'm not alive. Last night it happened almost every hour. I was sure I was either dead or wouldn't wake up this morning. Well, I'm here but I feel "off"; my anxiety is super high. I'm always stressed, I'm always worried about what might happen to me and my anxiety always gets 50x worse around my period which I'm due to start in the next week or so. Has anyone ever had this happen to them and can anyone tell me what it is or why it happens? Thank you :"(
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
Re: No good nights sleep :/ has anyone else experienced this??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »
 :yes: I had this after i was brought to the ER for SOB. It's been 5 months since then and i no longer experience it. However, i did notice that when i am under a great deal of anxiety it happens. I've had 3 major health scare in the span of 5 months and i have that same sleeping issue all the time. don't worry i really think it's just because of major anxiety because mine disappears just a day or so after i get my lab results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Re: No good nights sleep :/ has anyone else experienced this??
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:41:57 PM »
This is a very scary anxiety symptom. Probably one of the scariest. I've had bouts of this for decades now. I just recently had one a few nights ago and I could hardly sleep at all. As I'm going to sleep I'm suddenly jolted awake with a smothering feeling and like I died momentarily. Its awful and it goes on and on for hours at a time making sleep impossible.

This is a type of anxiety driven nightmare and to my surprise, seems common with anxiety sufferers. I use to think it was very rare but it isn't. It will go away once its run its course. It can be annoying and terrifying but its harmless and only robs you of sleep. The more you think about it, the longer it will stick around.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Tags: