Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Odd anxiety symptoms/ not sick  (Read 124 times)

Offline Mannybilly1030

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Odd anxiety symptoms/ not sick
« on: April 22, 2014, 01:53:57 AM »
For a few days my throat feels like theres a lump or my throat feels scratchy. Sometimes it will feel dry and cause me to cough or it will hurt. Funny thing is im not sick, I recovered from a bad cold almost a week ago. If i dont feel that i get this constant fast heart beat and when i try to relax or do my breathing excersizes it wont help at all. So im thinking i have something terribly wrong with me. Ive had worse anxiety related symptoms like this odd arm pain or i remember having really bad tmj and i would wake up with a migraine that would make me wanna sleep or vomit. So idk if people have any related symptoms like i do or know of people thatdo its freaking me out. And i forgot to say i had a mild panic attack and i was coughing a lot so the attack triggered it causing me to cough a lot.
I have been stressed out, depressed, and just worried. Both of my grandmothers are fighting agressive cancer and its hard to see the process progress i dont like seeing them ill or sad it gets to me :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Odd anxiety symptoms/ not sick
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 02:05:44 AM »
Almost a week ago is only 5-6 days if you put it in that perspective. recovery, especially with warmer weather and all the stuff floating around you might still be a bit coarse in the throat, but that's just a thought. the more you think of it, the more you will feel the itchiness and scratchiness, because it is a bother and your body likes to be at peace and rid yourself of discomfort. A lot of the anxiety tends to play things out more in the mind than in the realm of reality. I know it's pretty warm out, but have you considered some tea or honey type remedy to help ease that?

The girlfriend came down with pretty bad flulike symptoms which turned into a more coldlike symptoms... which have carried out for almost two weeks now... and still going. she's got a rather scratchy feeling in her throat she says but her voice hasn't changed much. she still attempts to clear her throat every now and again, especially when going from sitting up to lying down. even a mild panic attack, as you said triggers your coughing, thus causing more irritation in your throat and in your mind of trying to figure out what is wrong. I grind or bounce my jaw, and teeth around... subconciously... especially in class... teeter-tottering my jaw from my left side to right side... in fact I'm doing it right now... and never does it occur to me through pain.... but when I notice I'm doing it all of a sudden the sides of my cheeks/jaw start to "hurt". until I stop thinking about it. Either I'm a pain-dodging mastermind or the mind is playing tricks on me... either or, it just goes to show how even mild worry can make a whole lot of difference.

Not belitteling what's going on with you, just trying to ease your mind a bit.

Hope you have a good night.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Mannybilly1030

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Odd anxiety symptoms/ not sick
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 07:20:03 PM »
Almost a week ago is only 5-6 days if you put it in that perspective. recovery, especially with warmer weather and all the stuff floating around you might still be a bit coarse in the throat, but that's just a thought. the more you think of it, the more you will feel the itchiness and scratchiness, because it is a bother and your body likes to be at peace and rid yourself of discomfort. A lot of the anxiety tends to play things out more in the mind than in the realm of reality. I know it's pretty warm out, but have you considered some tea or honey type remedy to help ease that?

The girlfriend came down with pretty bad flulike symptoms which turned into a more coldlike symptoms... which have carried out for almost two weeks now... and still going. she's got a rather scratchy feeling in her throat she says but her voice hasn't changed much. she still attempts to clear her throat every now and again, especially when going from sitting up to lying down. even a mild panic attack, as you said triggers your coughing, thus causing more irritation in your throat and in your mind of trying to figure out what is wrong. I grind or bounce my jaw, and teeth around... subconciously... especially in class... teeter-tottering my jaw from my left side to right side... in fact I'm doing it right now... and never does it occur to me through pain.... but when I notice I'm doing it all of a sudden the sides of my cheeks/jaw start to "hurt". until I stop thinking about it. Either I'm a pain-dodging mastermind or the mind is playing tricks on me... either or, it just goes to show how even mild worry can make a whole lot of difference.

Not belitteling what's going on with you, just trying to ease your mind a bit.

Hope you have a good night.

Thank you and yea i did think that im still recovering or i might have gotten another infection but its funny i dont feel ill and yes i think about it and have a mild panic attack or ill feel woozy. And yes i have been drinking peppermint tea to sooth my throat and stuff and yes the clenching is annoying i may need braces again because my bottom teeth shifted :/
But yes thank you i feel much better and less worried hearing what you said
Bookmark and Share

Tags: