Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hantavirus scare!  (Read 196 times)

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hantavirus scare!
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »
Hi all, ok so right now I'm totally freaking out about the hantavirus. Don't feel bad if you don't know what it is, either did I until I started googling. That was a BIG mistake. Ok so I was at work the other day and in the back of our ware house there was a large box that was sent to us from one of our other stores. The box had mouse poop and pee all inside it! It reeked! So we immediately took it outside to the dumpsters. When me and my coworker picked it up to throw it away all of its contents broke through the bottom of the box! So then we literally had to shovel the contents into the dumpster. I saw mouse poop all over he ground. Afterwards I washed my hands and arms thoroughly. Or so I hope! That was Saturday, now today I have had a headache and I'm really scared I caught this virus! I live in ohio and I'm pretty sure it's rare here but still not really easing my mind. Does anyone know anything about this? Any advise would be greatly appreciated! I hope this is just my HA flaring up once again :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hantavirus scare!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »
My mom and dad owned a summer home in the country.  After my dad got sick and passed, it sat empty for nearly a year.  When we went to clear it out to sell it, it was full of mold (like, growing on the walls like something out of a horror movie) and mouse crap (in and on every surface).  You can imagine the things I worried about! 

But nothing happened.  I was elbow-deep in mouse refuse for a week.  And I was fine.  (Thoroughly disgusted and annoyed, but fine.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:16:31 AM »
Thanks for the reply! I knew this was going to set my HA off. As I was cleaning it up I was thinking " I know I'm going to freak out about this later!" And here I am doing just that! Lol. Hope I can get over this and not dwell for weeks!! Again I appreciate your reply:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »
Good luck!  Hantavirus seems pretty danged rare, though I don't know a ton about it (I figure I'm better off that way!)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: