Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 24/7 symptoms..anxiety/hypochondria or not?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline lew1234

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
24/7 symptoms..anxiety/hypochondria or not?
« on: April 21, 2014, 10:30:24 PM »
Despite numerous trips to a&e and the doctors, i cant accept that they have not found anything wrong with me..ive had pretty much all tests apart from a ct or mri scan. For the past 2 months ive had symptoms all day, everyday...the main symptom being dizziness/lightheadedness and head pressure accompanied by other small symptoms such as numbness in arms/hands and neck stiffness..all of these obviously make me think brain tumour. I also had quite a few of what i think arr panic attacks; cant breathe, chest pain, fast heart, dizziness etc etc. Maybe the first panic attack i had a few months ago has set off a viscious circle.
These 24/7 symptoms are destroying me. the head pressure and dizziness just wont go away, its there as soon as i wake up. Can anxiety/health anxiety cause you to have symptoms 24/7? Has anyone else struggled with this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: 24/7 symptoms..anxiety/hypochondria or not?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 10:53:39 PM »
I have been dealing with dizziness on a daily bases as well, anything funky going on with your ears or jaw? The doctor told me my TMJD is messing with my ear and causing my symptoms
Bookmark and Share

Offline lew1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:15 PM »
Ahh its horrible.. and yeah my ears pop every now and again and sometimes when i yawn my jaw shakes afterwards
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:40:04 AM »
@lew1234 -- hello! i'm also new to this anxiety with physical symptoms, my SOB is like 24/7! i guess i have no new symptoms because my neuro told me NOT TO GOOGLE!

I personally know 2 people who had a brain tumor. Their initial symptoms were severe headache/migraine and they found out they had brain tumor only because they fainted and had a seizure. They're both doing well now :) 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Buddy122

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 03:20:58 PM »
I'm curious to know if anyone else has input on the OP. I, too, have been suffering 24/7 head pressure, lightheadedness, dizziness, the tingling, odd feelings, etc, going on my FOURTH MONTH of this. Idk what to do about it. Numerous tests and everything is negative. It's becoming debilitating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
the main symptom being dizziness/lightheadedness and head pressure accompanied by other small symptoms such as numbness in arms/hands and neck stiffness

Hey there! I've had all of the above symptoms myself for months now, as well as pain in my shoulders and chest, like muscular pain. I went to my doctor, and he told me it was to do with stress. Apparently I was tensing up a lot without realizing it, putting stress on my neck, chest and shoulders. The neck stiffness was causing the dizziness and pressure, and the shoulder issues were causing the tingling and numbness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 07:46:05 PM »
Hey OP

I can totally relate, 24/7 symptoms are the worst. My worries are more heart and lung related but i do get very bad dizzy spells and headaches every now and then. I used to only have symptoms during panic attacks but now i have them constantly. I've had numerous tests done and everything has come out clear. I know how frustrating it can be. My daily life is severely hindered because of it. Doing simple tasks is such a monumental undertaking because of how easily fatigued and out of breath i get. Feeling like your gonna die everyday is horrifying. But you have to remind yourself that anxiety can do some pretty horrible things to your body and mind. Anxiety floods your system with adrenaline not allowing us to relax. And the constant stream of adrenaline and triggering of the flight or fight response can cause very distressing and long lasting symptoms. I know how hard it is to accept a diagnosis. I have copies of all my latest test results on my end table and i look over them whenever i start getting chest pains , difficulty breathing and heart palps ,just for the reassurance. You're not alone OP. You'll make it through, we all will, sooner or later :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 10:39:18 PM »
Count me in the 24/7 symptoms club.  Going on my 9th week.  Very similar symptoms and fears as the OP, and I have also had a CT scan and an MRI both normal.  I've also had so many blood tests it's hard to remember them all.  It is difficult to believe all of my symptoms, which are very real and almost always present, are just anxiety induced. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline raggamuffin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 03:18:43 AM »
I get 24/7 symptoms too. I had dizziness lasting weeks on end. But I can admit it is anxiety. It's hard to full accept as anxiety will throw any and every symptom at you. But the more worry and fear you bestow oin the symptoms the longer the symptoms will last. I know it's so tough to fully accept it's anxiety. Say you had a broken leg, you'd accept it was broken, allow it to heal. You wouldn't have constant hospital or GP visits or googling all manner of issues. You'd accept and wait for your body to heal. With anxiety you need to do the same. It's tough when the list of anxiety symptoms is virtually endless because you're on edge so much that the fight or flight and chemical balance in your body is severely ascew. That's often why Dr's recommend medication, to help balance things out for long enough for you to feel calm enough and ready to pair the medication therapy with CBT or some other form of therapy to rationalize and tackle your anxiety. But it takes daily practice to undo the negative ways of thinking and the paranoia chatter that seems endless. I've personally had 4 years of contant daily pains and symptoms. It's tough but i've finally found a medication without side effects that made it hard to continue taking them. I'm at the 2.5 week milestone and hoping to see some improvements soon. Mirtazapine if anyone's interested. Unlike SSRI's youy don't feel wired or have difficulty sleeping. In fact it's helped sleep to no end. Only issue is you might put on some weight as you feel hungrier a lot more often.

Ed
Bookmark and Share
Feel free to add me on the book of faces - "Ed Raggamuffin Foulds"

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 06:20:27 AM »
I have the symptoms 24/7 also! Constantly feeling not really dizzy just off! If that makes sense as in not completely right, I feel like I'm going to pass out all the time, makes me so stressed out I've had this non stop for months! I get strange sensations in my arms and legs to which make them feel temporarily weak :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lo213

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
I'm here with you all.  I have constant symptoms, and have for over a year straight now.  I'm SO tired of daily life being such a struggle and always fearing the worst. 
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »
Ive had anxiety and physical symptons for 2 years-all kinds of normal test results.  ITS MAKING LIFEhard-I always think i have cancer or heart problems.  Hopefully i won't have to live like this the rest of my life-so tired of this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Freaked out

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
I'm so scared all the time the head pressure is so bad and weird head feelings
Bookmark and Share

Offline laserenvy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 01:27:30 PM »
The head pressure is what freaked me out most about my anxiety. My doctor was really nice about it and sent me to my optician for piece of mind but told me it was really common with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CleverLittleViper

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 05:23:03 PM »
Oh, yes, I know all about 24/7 symptoms.

Head pressure is common with anxiety, so is numbness and all of the symptoms mentioned in the OP. It's a hard slog. I don't think I've gone a day without numbness or a chronic daily headache for over a month. It's definitely not pleasant, but it's something I'm hopeful will clear up once my anxiety eases off.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: