Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hand feels slow (from time to time), please help  (Read 368 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Hand feels slow (from time to time), please help
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:17:28 PM »
Ok, so Iīm having some sort of a mental breakdown over here. I have convinced myself that I have Parkinsonīs, and the mere thought of it puts my mind in a not so calm place.

I have some severe form of HOCD, and constantly tests my motor skills etc. From time to time I have problems with performing tests that should be easy, and from time to time my left hand feels slow.
It almost feels as if Iīm halting my normal performance by overthinking it, could that realy be the case? My hand also tend to feel clumsy from time to time, as if Iīm having trouble controlling it properly.

If I had Parkinsonīs, then symptoms wouldnīt just come and go in accordance with what level of anxiety Iīm experiencing, right?

Could I be focusing on specific tests so much that I fail them because I overthink them?

Iīm right-handed, if that could matter

Can anxiety realy cause my left hand to become slower and clumsier (and feel weak from time to time during the day)?
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Rasalhauge

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hand feels slow (from time to time), please help
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:34:29 PM »
Anyone?=( This is really freaking me out. On top of all this I seem to accumulate tension during the day, so by the end of the day my body is stiff like a stick. That further strengthens my belief that I have some sinister neurological disease.

Anyone had this? Or the tension build-up?
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline shellofabody

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »
I'm asking the same question. My left arm feels significantly "different" than the rest of my body. Moving it doesn't feel natural, and very awkward.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rasalhauge

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:54:53 PM »
Anyone experienced anything like this?  :(
Bookmark and Share

- Dante Alighieri

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
I'm not 100% sure I dealt with what you're describing, but I went through a period where my left foot and hand seemed weak and clumsy and detached from my body.

I saw a neurologist a couple of times.  He wasn't concerned.  I'm guessing I had nothing wrong because it eventually got better.  I do still feel it now and then but I don't know if it's stress, fatigue, pinched nerves, etc.  But I doubt it's anything serious because it's been a year or so and nothing's gotten worse.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rasalhauge

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 11:03:38 PM »
I'm not 100% sure I dealt with what you're describing, but I went through a period where my left foot and hand seemed weak and clumsy and detached from my body.

I saw a neurologist a couple of times.  He wasn't concerned.  I'm guessing I had nothing wrong because it eventually got better.  I do still feel it now and then but I don't know if it's stress, fatigue, pinched nerves, etc.  But I doubt it's anything serious because it's been a year or so and nothing's gotten worse.

Iīve seen a couple of neurologists and they all seem convinced that I suffer from functional symptoms due to a conversion disorder. But the problem is that the symptoms gradually has gotten worse over a couple of years (a year ago since last neuro exam). I have the clumsy feeling and intermittent slowness and coordination problems, and on top of that I have developed a tremor (most left hand, but itīs there in both hands).

I would be lying to myself if I were to say that I canīt see the presence of anxiety in my daily life, but I just canīt shake this feeling that there is more to it. According to my former neurologist though, the thing with conversion disorders is that they both (a) get worse over time if not treated correctly and (b) tend to mimic the things one fear the most.

I guess my lifestyle could be catching up with me, and my lack of physical activities/daily walks and unhealthy eating/sleeping/caffeine-habbits could also contribute to this. On top of that this period of the year marks the two year "anniversary" of my fathers death, and his struggle against an extremely agressive form of plasma cell leukemia. I think that plays a very big role in my HOCD to be honest. But, given what I saw cancer do to a man I loved more than life itself, I would have thought that cancer would be the focus of my OCD. Not Parkinsonīs, which I have absolutelly no first-hand experience of (not family, not even the older population of my family).

Thatīs what keeps bugging me; why would I develop symptoms of a disease which I previously knew nothing about?
Bookmark and Share

- Dante Alighieri

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:19:09 PM »
In my experience it goes like this: stress causes symptoms, I google symptoms, I see some horrible disease, I assume I have it, I read more about it, suddenly I realize that I have ALL the symptoms of it.

Maybe a similar process there?  I'm sorry about your dad.  Mine passed four years ago (cardiac arrhythmia during cancer treatment, so...not sure what to say killed him!); it gets better as time goes by, though.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: