Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: scary intrusive thoughts  (Read 282 times)

Offline Hiphopanchop11

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
scary intrusive thoughts
« on: April 21, 2014, 08:00:07 PM »
It's been a struggle dealing with these and it's making me feel depressed. It started as very scary after taking paxil so I stopped. I felt like I was making some progress in forgetting about them but a week ago they came back but this time I wasn't as bothered for say a day. I know it sounds stupid but this made me super confused and scared....like am I going crazy that these things don't bother me anymore and that I'm feeling depressed so I would actually do it? It's been so confusing. At times I get nervous and angry they feel real and I get frightened. I've changed my emotions to avoid thinking about them and I think that has made me depressed....Now I'm considering taking zoloft but I just hate the meds because I started having these thoughts after I took paxil and ativan....Any words of wisdom would help. I'm lost and confused...Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline GoldenFalcon202

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: scary intrusive thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »
The fact that you're not completely freaking out about these thoughts is a good thing. It shows that although you're having them, you're able to control your emotions towards them to an extent.
And if you were going to act on the thoughts, you wouldn't go onto an online forum. You'd just do it.

Don't avoid thinking about them, but don't make an effort to seek them out either. If a thought comes, let it stay in your mind for a while, just floating there. And then start thinking about something else. Everyone in the world has intrusive thoughts, it's just that they don't let it bother them.
You could also try the 'Stop' technique-saying 'Stop!' out loud or under your breath the moment an intrusive thought comes in.

Idk about the medicine but could you maybe talk to your doctor about it?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: