Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared to death about my tremor/tension =(  (Read 231 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Scared to death about my tremor/tension =(
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »
So, Iīve been experiencing an increase in physical symptoms of anxiety(?) as of late. The list realy is too long by now, and I hate to admit this but I am beginning to lose hope of ever getting better.

My most recent symptoms is a sort of vibrating feeling in my whole body, with tremors in primarily my left side (although present in both hands etc). I donīt know how to describe it, but it seems to present itself rather weirdly tbh. It usually start when I wake up; every morning I wake up with this rush of adrenaline and a shakiness in my whole body. During this my left arm tremors constantly (a sort of unsteadiness and vibration). After a while this subsides, and during the day the tremors is mostly present when holding things (sometimes as light as a paper) or when my anxiety reaches higher levels. It stays like this for most part of the day, unless if I have caffeine, then it shoots through the roof. It seems to be some sort of postural tremor (mostly), but it alters characteristics from time to time.

I also have ALOT of tensions in my muscles in primarilly my left side of body, which could be contributing to the tremors. But what scares me with this is the combination of unilateral muscle tension and tremors, that I (and perhaps most people) tend to see as a sign of Parkinsonīs. I know that anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms, and I have been given a diagnosis of conversion disorder/somatoform disorder that has been affecting my left side (along with hemisensory symptoms like numbness) but I just canīt let go of this nagging feeling that the doctors mis-diagnosed me and that I actually have YOPD.

On top of all this I have been experiencing cramps/spasms in hands and feet (mostly right hand/feet though) and this furher strenhtens my belief that YOPD is the correct diagnosis.

Do anyone in here have experience with tremors/tension/cramps? If so, did you manage to "cure" these symptoms or do you still suffer from them?

Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared to death about my tremor/tension =(
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »
My whole body started pulsating in August 2012.  I've been examined with numerous tests, and I always pass.  I'm to the point now where I don't ask others, "Why is the building shaking."  They think I'm crazy, and yes, it's that bad.  I've got through up and down phases, and they usually last months, not days.  Currently I'm in a 'shaking' phase.  I'm sore, and crampy as well.  I have constant chest pain that radiates to my back (or is it the other way around?).  I do know that my potassium has been slightly low, but I don't think it's related.  All I know is that nothing medical has been found to be the reason, only anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: