Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: blood clot fear  (Read 141 times)

Offline clohessy9

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
blood clot fear
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:38:35 AM »
I have decided to make lifestyle changes by quitting drinking and smoking (still working on that)  I have always had left sided stiffness, pain (leg, hip, neck, shoulder, calf) I have been to the doctor and have had varying degrees of minor issues likely due to many years of waiting tables.  My copying mechanism has been drinking (I KNOW this is not right thing) BUT it gave me physical relief and made me not care.

I have been trying to do everything right meditate, exercise.  So I woke up today did T25 workout and my calf feels stiff (It was like that when I woke up ), It looks like the veins are more prominent and feels warmer than other calf.  I really want to go and drink but I am trying NOT to!  In my sick brain I think it will thin the blood which alcohol does. 

I DO NOT know if I can deal with anxiety and not drink!  I am 41 ofcourse was up late last night reading freaking blood clot statics.  Anyway thanks for listening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Passer24

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: blood clot fear
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 01:59:23 PM »
I have gone through this a few times with blood clot scares, It does comsume your thoughts cause all this "silent killer" non sense but I will let you know. YOU WILL KNOW IF THERE IS A CLOT! your leg will be huge or even swollen to the point where your shoes feel too tights. you work out you say? your probably tight from that. try some yoga(girly yes but effective for muscle tension) and a lot of stretching and you will notice a different you sound pretty healthy other then drinking a lot (it happens) but even though its hard remember you will know when something like that is wrong it wont just come and go and it wont just happen one day and not the next. try not to stress its hard but I promise you probably dont have a clot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: