Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: FLEX SIG DONE!!!! Update.  (Read 471 times)

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: FLEX SIG DONE!!!! Update.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 07:16:30 PM »
I'm sick to my stomach over this. I have come of the drugs more and it has set in that that found a polyp. I'm TERRFIED it's something or than that. Can the tell CC vs polyp? It's small an all the tissue looks healthy but I'm so nervous about this. It's HELL. I have been googling polyps an I'm ill now.

They can almost always tell the difference.  If she said it looked good, most likely it's just fine. 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 08:40:10 PM »
I didn't want to say anything before but I really don't see the point of the flex sig exam at all.  I wonder how many folks have one and really should have had the more comprehensive colonoscopy instead?  That's what happened to me.  I had a flex sig and they still needed to see more so I had to go in for a colonoscopy shortly afterwards.

BTW, my friend had a polyp removed from her colon and her veteran doctor told her it was the BIGGEST one he had ever removed in all of his years.  Benign.

Take a nice hot bath and relax!! 

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:59 PM »
Trust me I will be in the bath soaking my raw butt ;) she was able to see my sigmoid and defending but nothing past that. I'm so nauseated from the prep. Don't think I can finish it without vomiting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »
Between you and me...I couldn't finish mine completely.  One half more glass - just couldn't do it.  As long as in the morning its "clear" in the toilet I felt it would be ok and it was.

When was the last time you ate anything? Like 48 hrs ago? 

Be sure to drink a lot of water so you don't get dehydrated along with being starved.

Your hinder must be so sore - do you have a Prep H?  They are very soothing - even half of one.

Good luck!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 09:37:32 PM »
Lindsay you have to stop googling!!!!!  Just stop.  All you're doing is feeding your anxiety.

I'm going to ask you a very tough question…you don't have to answer me here but I hope you answer yourself.  WHY won't you treat your anxiety???  What is stopping you? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »
Whenever i had a colonspy done-i drink all liquids the day before the prep starts-im hungry but i fill up with jello and apple juice-theres less stuff for the prep to move.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 11:45:56 PM »
I had to do a prep for my ovarian cyst removal and I couldn't finish the whole thing - it just tasted so nasty and I felt so horrible!  I only managed half of it, and that cleaned me out sufficiently.   Take as much as you can, but don't fret if you can't finish it all.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: