Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: FLEX SIG DONE!!!! Update.  (Read 487 times)

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
FLEX SIG DONE!!!! Update.
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:18:28 AM »
Well I had my flex sig. One 10mm polyp and internal hemorrhoids found. Polyp looks very "normal" and typical mushroom shaped. I am having a full colonoscopy tomorrow to have it removed because its standard. She didn't even say I had to do it tomorrow but she saw my anxiety and said to my husband she needs to get this done and over with. I'm still freaking out I have a polyp at almost 27 years old however supposedly pregnancy and low fiber diet can make you more prone. I'm still not 100% ok but feel better that half my colon was CC free (hopefully polyp is ok) she said my tissue and all looks healthy and normal.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: FLEX SIG DONE!!!! Update.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
Congratulations! Now you can get back to living instead of worrying.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
Polyps in twenties really are not that uncommon :) jut colonoscopies are not done often in the twenties.  I was 22 and my polyp was 40 mm!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:48 AM »
Wonderful news!  Now be sure to do that positive visualization for the colonoscopy for tomorrow.  What "clean out" are you taking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »
Great news polyps at 27 are not that uncommon I had 4 removed last year colonoscopy no big deal either you'll be fine Lindsay I'm so glad youre gonna put your fears to rest .
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »
I'm so glad you had it done and everything is fine.   The colonoscopy is a breeze.  I've never had one but everyone I know that has said it's easy and fast. 

I know you've been through hell worrying and I'm very proud of you for not backing out of the procedure.  Tomorrow will be easy. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Online snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 02:28:39 PM »
Congrats Lindsay! I'm so glad you went through with it and got the news you deserve to hear.  :yes: I know how much this means to you.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 02:41:21 PM »
I'm sick to my stomach over this. I have come of the drugs more and it has set in that that found a polyp. I'm TERRFIED it's something or than that. Can the tell CC vs polyp? It's small an all the tissue looks healthy but I'm so nervous about this. It's HELL. I have been googling polyps an I'm ill now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 03:37:15 PM »
Calm down-almost all cc starts as polyps-they found one and its going going gone.  You may have to have another colonspy sooner than most because the polyp.  `Ask the doc when you need the next one.  Make sure the prep is good so they can get a good look.  Congrats for following through-GOOD JOB
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
Yes they can usually tell. The doctor said mine was precancerous and that is exactly what it came back as.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 04:45:59 PM »
My report say
10mm polyp in sigmoid
Internal hemorrhoids
All other exam looks normal

The polyp is the mushroom looking kind with a small stalk. Aren't these the more common kind.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »
My mom had a polyp when she was younger.  Totally benign.  They can usually tell by looking whether it's something potentially worrisome or almost definitely benign. 

I know it's hard not to worry, but as soon as that polyp is out, start calling therapists in your area.  You need to deal with your anxiety NOW because as you see, it's already creating another worry for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »
The doctor can't tell by appearance wether it is hyperplastic or adenomatous. The polyps on the stalk are more common than flat polyps yes but both hyperplastic and adenomas are on the stalk.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »
I'm seriously a wreck. I started the prep and I'm extremely nauseated and have already started pooping. I want tomorrow to be done and over with. This isn't good on my HA and now it's going to sky rocket and I didn't think that was possible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 95
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
Well Lindsay, I don't mean for this to sound insensitive, but if you weren't getting a colonoscopy tomorrow, you'd probably still be freaking out about your polyp.

So often, our anxiety over our symptoms causes us to pursue medical testing, but when we get the very thing we want, we remain anxious. Do you see what I'm saying? Either way you're going to be scared. At times like this it's best to try and help yourself as much as possible. Don't make things worse by googling; start taking that anti-anxiety medication. Once you have your colonoscopy, then maybe it's time to look into anxiety treatment in earnest, before you pick another disease to fear and the cycle starts all over again.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Tags: