Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Gallbladder Problem?  (Read 340 times)

Offline gatorfan04

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Gallbladder Problem?
« on: April 20, 2014, 10:43:39 PM »
I was worried I had lung cancer, but when I calmed down and began to think rationally, I think it may be a gallbladder issue.  It started with pain in my lower right abdomen that began to move up my belly and now my chest and back are hurting really bad.  Has anyone else dealt with this or have any ideas about it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Gallbladder Problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 11:27:36 PM »
I had my gallbladder removed in 2013 after 8 months of increasingly severe attacks.  I had atypical sternal pain that felt like the worst heartburn ever known to man and painful bloating with nausea.  My pain did not move around, though.  If your  pain started in your lower right and migrated up to chest and back, maybe it is a gas bubble?  That can cause a lot of discomfort.  Hope you're feeling better soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 04:11:48 PM »
Thanks for your reply.  My sternal pain actually started before my abdominal pain but  there's pain in both places.  I don't think it's a gas bubble because it's been going on for a few months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NeverAgain2

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »
Check out your gallbladder, but I can tell you that right upper quadrant pain is often the result of what is called the "flight or fight" reflex, where you unconsciously cringe and hunch over due to daily and on-going stress.  This strains the muscles in your back and chest, and even the intercoastal muscles of the rib cage. 

If your GB is normal or has stones, don't let some urgent surgeon yank it out.  Plenty of people have stones but not an infected gallbladder.  Typical symptoms of GB disease are bloating, getting sick after eating fatty foods, and pain usually in front but that can spread to the right shoulder.  Eventually the GB gets so bad even water will cause the reaction.

Here is another test.  Reach around to your traps and see if they are tight.  Or have your friend or SO give your shoulders a big of a massage.  Then take a warm bath or shower.  If the pain leaves, it's probably muscle tension brought on by anxiety and/or depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline gatorfan04

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:49:10 PM »
Thank you for that advice.  The pain is so bad that I can barely sleep now.  I will be going to the doctor next week.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: