Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sprained my ankle, afraid of blood clot!!!  (Read 118 times)

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Sprained my ankle, afraid of blood clot!!!
« on: April 20, 2014, 12:04:20 PM »
i sprained my ankle yesterday. There is pain but no swelling. since i sprained it i've noticed a vein bulging, so i googled that and it brought back "Deep vein thrombosis", which is basically a blood clot. And apparently you can get it from a leg injury. I really really want to go to easter dinner tonight but every instinct is screaming to go to the hospital. I don't have any swelling... I don't think, or redness. Theres just pain from having sprained my ankle and a vien that is bulging, or so it feels when i push on it, (with the odd feeling of pins and needles in my foot but the telephone nurse said its not a big deal last night, the tingling.)

I really want to go to my family dinner today instead of the hospital! What should I do?
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sprained my ankle, afraid of blood clot!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:29:39 PM »
Go to your family dinner!!!!!  DVTs are from impact trauma and are rare.  You're fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 10:05:13 PM »
Man I wish I would have checked this before I went to the hospital and was read the riot act on health anxiety. lol. The up side? I got done with the hospital soon enough to go get my family dinner at my Moms place.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »
So when do you treat the anxiety??  What did the ER suggest?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: