Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: PLEASE EASE MY MIND!  (Read 248 times)

Offline Aaron Davis

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
PLEASE EASE MY MIND!
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:51:30 PM »
I have had panic attacks for a while now. They come and go. Some days are better than others. I used to have a drinking problem. I also took supplements - for,like, weight lifting, male enhancement, testosterone boosting - stupid, I know.
It's been three years or so since I've done anything like that. I try to live very clean and don't do drugs or drink.
My main fears revolve aroundd having a heart attack...or my heart suddenly stopping. I overthink things and feel the urge to run to the ER (which I've done before...but left when the anxiety subssided).
I had a doctor's checkup and they did an EKG and blood test to put my mind at ease. It doesn't appear that there's anything really wrong with me (physically).. I'm only 29 and in fairly good shape (I weigh about 175).
Do you think that drugs I did years ago could potentially cause physical problems for me now?
I mean, they are certainly long gone from my system...but when I get a panic attack I just worry about that.
Some sound and pragmatic advice would be much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline muggel123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: PLEASE EASE MY MIND!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
Hi there,
i am sorry ot hear you are not feeling well..
my guess is that maybe it is not the drugs, but dont forget, you took the drugs for a reason, to block something out.
No that you are not taking the drugs, it may be difficult to face the feelings that you wanted to block out by taking the drugs
initially. Maybe that is the reason for your fears hon xxx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aaron Davis

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:03:31 PM »
Thank you for your response!
That is helpful to hear!
Bookmark and Share

Offline muggel123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:36:52 AM »
Hi Aaron, talk about your feelings if you like and let's try to sort it out xxx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dreamer0824

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 11:28:51 AM »
Hey there,
Panic attacks have fairly similar physical symptoms to heart attack (besides obviously the actual heart failure) many people go to the ER suffering a panic attacks which affect the mind as well, such as feeling like you are going to die even though you aren't. So it's normal to be worried about that, but it sounds like you may be dealing with general anxiety disorder and/or panic disorder. I highly doubt the drug supplements you used in the past are the cause, but it sounds like your uncertainty with your past is affecting your mood today, I agree with muggel123's thoughts, there may be something bothering you subconsciously and affecting your anxiety.

I highly recommend seeing a cognitive Psychologist, they can help you practice reframing your thoughts into positive thinking to decrease your worry and help you understand and manage your panic attacks, find an underlying cause.

Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aaron Davis

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to write and give positive and encouraging words. That is very selfless and I greatly appreciate it - thank you both!
I'm sitting in class right now (trying to finally earn my Bachelor's degree). I've been feeling a little stressed all this morning. I know it's all in my head because when I legitimately get focused on something else (such as reading your posts  - or responding back) the anxiety always seems to subside.
You know, ever since I can remember I've always had some obsessive fear.. It just so happens that the current one is centered on hypochondriac thoughts - "I'm going to have a heart attack, stroke, seizure, pass out" etc. etc.
The crazy thing is I see how irrational all these thoughts are when I'm NOT anxious. I mean, there would be tell-tale signs if a medical problem really existed, and it wouldn't be predicated on what I'm thinking...I mean...even if something bad WAS happening...it doesn't mean I HAVE tto feel anxiety. I guess an example of this is if someone was doped up on thorazine, even if a grizzly bear was walking toward them, they wouldn't freak out. It's all in my head.
Thank you for posting and the inspiration to write back....I feel much better right now! :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline muggel123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 01:18:53 PM »
Hi Aaron, we seem to be very much alike hon...

I am highly obsessed with my health. It is my way of dealing with the fact that i can not 100% control my life. Things can happen and i want to make sure that every little eventuality is covered and in control. I am worried that i would not be able to cope if i relaxed and anything happened.

This has been going on for all aof my life, sometimes more, sometimes less.

What is my solution?

I have discovered EFT a while ago. Check the internet to find out what it is / google Nick Ortner. It is basically tapping the meridians on the body and at the same time saying positive affirmations. I have done this for quite a while now with very positive results.
However, i do rarely use the phrases they recommend. I just keep saying my own, individual personalized phrases. For example,
"life has no intention to betray me".

I know it might sound silly. But it actually helped me. You can always ask if you need more information
Hugs! Xxxx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Panic Attacks