Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Depression w/panic disorder  (Read 118 times)

Offline LuLu82

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Depression w/panic disorder
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:39:27 AM »
Hi,

Ive had panic disorder for a few years now.  pretty bad at times, agoraphobic symptoms,etc. had ok moments too and i thought it was getting better the last little while.
I've had a work from home job and it was a blessing, i was there for 2 years.
I was let go end of Feb.  I also lost my car at the same time. It was a way to not feel so trapped and my safe mode of transportation.
since then I have had nothing but my thoughts to deal with and am going into a downward spiral quickly.
I live with a family member and have just been sobbing every night.  I thought the panic was the worst thing, but this panic plus depression plus feeling totally trapped and stuck and unemployed is almost unbearable.
I literally don't have anything at all going on in my life am mostly alone with this emptiness mixed with fear.
I just wanted to chat and maybe hear from people who have been there or have any distraction tips maybe?
I feel like any progress Ive made is going down the drain now since I havent been able to drive and go out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depression w/panic disorder
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:28:21 AM »
The real problem here is the loss of the job and the loss of the car. Take a person without anxiety. They would feel the exact same way if this was to happen to them. But as you had an anxiety disorder it has knocked you backwards by way of progress. But you just have to see it for what it really is. It is just a setback. You still have to believe in yourself. Don't give up on everything you pushed so hard for. I know jobs are hard to come by these days. But you have to try and keep yourself out there. Even if it means giving up some time for free to help out in a charity shop or something like this. But keep sending your CV off looking for a new job. Just about picking yourself back up and keeping yourself busy. It may take a while, but I am sure you will find another job. This is something you have to believe in. That all in not lost. It can be hard when we fall. We can feel like we failed. This is us been hard on ourselves. Keep yourself moving. Keep looking around for something new. I am sure things will work out for you come the end of the day. Once it does the depression will lift.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline LuLu82

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Depression w/panic disorder
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 05:18:56 PM »
thank you so much:)
yeah i know this situation will leave anyone depressed its just I feel that trapped feeling, literally.
the 'go take a walk' suggestions don't even apply to me as I get depersonalization and dizziness walking.
i don't know what to do.
its not going to be easy to get over this that I have struggled with for 5 years all of a sudden now that I need to find a job on outside and start taking transit and walking around if I wanna get out..
Anyways i need to find distractions in the meantime.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: