Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I am dying  (Read 335 times)

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think I am dying
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:27:09 PM »
I've been dealing with hearing loss/distortion and extreme dizziness. It comes and goes but now it's back and the dizziness has never been so bad. When I move my head everything spins. I'm naseuous, my sinuses are draining into the back of my throat and it feels like I'm choking. I've cried 5 times today, when I stand up it's worse. My ears hurt but even though all the symptoms are going on with my ears which would explain the dizziness I'm still so afraid my heart is giving out or not pumping enough or my brain is swelling in my head making my ears do this everything is quiet today like I can't hear very well at all and I'm so scared. I'm SO scared I don't think I've been this scared before. Why is this happening to me, I'm only 19. Please help me guys.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I am dying
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 06:25:04 PM »
Well, I can tell you for sure, you are going to die... eventually. Until then enjoy living and fight to reduce anxiety since from your post I can see it's your biggest problem.

Your health concerns are for ENT to look at. If you have been to ENT already, accept diagnosis.

Finally, it's nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »
I can't get into the ENT until July! Do you think my brain could be swelling and causing the mucus to run down my throat? In so irrational right now,  oh sunlover where are you. I'm going crazy!
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 12
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »
Allergies across the US are at their peak.  I'm miserable and feel like my allergy meds are doing nothing.

You have allergies and sinus issues.  Your brain has nothing do to with nasal mucus.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 29
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 09:14:47 PM »
Sounds like a sinus infection with some fluid behind the ear drum.  Why would you assume something worse than that?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 10:46:31 PM »
Hi, it sounds like allergies, I suffer the same symptoms and have for a few years now.  I know it's worrisome when you don't know what is causing your symptoms but it really does sound like allergies---it's just that time of year, and allergies are supposed to be worse than ever this year.  Get some Claritin and see if that helps.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 12:09:44 AM »
I agree with people saying this is a sinus issue.  I had this in January, exactly- down to that dang annoying dizziness.  Mine went away within a few days and I didn't see a doc, so I'll give you tips on how to beat it.  Lots of chicken noodle soup and LOTS of water.  I mean lots, like even more than the daily recommended amount.  It helps wash it out of your system and makes your throat feel better.  I didn't take any medicine either so I know these two things will help.  Plus get some rest and try to stay calm. (:

Actually, I did take one Aleve when I got a sinus headache with it, but that was it.  Get better soon!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
The ear issue has been going on since January on and off - do you think having sinus issues would aggravate whatever is wrong with my ears?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: