Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi everyone would be good to have someone to talk to  (Read 154 times)

Offline Carl24uk

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi everyone would be good to have someone to talk to
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:34:57 PM »
Was on here last summer as I was having panic attacks in my sleep and feeling dizzy and anxious during the day. That all came from 2 months of health anxiety but I managed to get through it and keep my job and have been doing great. Until today! Have been dreading going to work for a while now and yesterday morning I just couldn't go in so rang in sick and did the same today. Now I think a few days worrying about going to my job has triggered it all off again 11 months on. Been feeling detached, shaky and fuzzy again which is how it all started last May. Scared I'll have a panic attack tonight as I'm that dizzy and shaky and stressing over getting in trouble at work.

Tried plenty of deep breathing but I still feel shaky, have nobody to talk too about this as my parents were so relieved I go through it last summer and would hate to bring it all up again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Carl24uk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi everyone would be good to have someone to talk to
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
Took 2 months of severe health anxiety to get to this point last year but now it's happened the same after only 2 days of worrying. Could it be I'm more sensitive to it after my experiences last year. I dread my job as I've been there 5 year and it makes me so miserable but I need to keep it for a few month more at least but is so hard when can't rest for feeling anxious just be good to have someone to talk to on this great forum again. Hopefully all I learned last summer and my therapy etc will make it not as bad this time
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »
I simply think you had a setback. We all have them. It is all about what we do next when we have a setback. It seems like you have invited your anxiety back into your life again. Opened the door for it. Instead of telling yourself how good you had been doing. How good you could do again. I think we all feel a sense of disappointment if we have a setback and this is what is pulling you down further. We can feel like we have let ourselves down. We can be very hard on ourselves. It is this you have to try and stop doing. It doesn't have to mean you are back at square one again. It may feel like it right now. That is simply because your mind it letting you believe that. We have to dig that little bit deeper at times like this. We have to believe in ourselves. If we got by this once before, we can get by it a million times over. Once you really want it, you will will fight for it and you will find yourself back where you want to be again. It may seem harder to begin with. That is the mind as well. Trying to hold you back. Don't let it win. Take control back. Believe in yourself. You have got past this before. Nothing changes in how you get by it this time around. Use those same skills you used the first time around.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Carl24uk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 02:14:35 PM »
Thanks for that reply really means a lot to me :). Really thought I was over it as been great for nearly a year, is it possible I am more sensitive to stress now after my panic attacks last year? As only been feeling dread/ anxiety about my job for 2 days and it has set this off. I'm due in at 6am tomorrow and really could do with a good nights sleep but I'm just lay up in bed after a hot bath and my head just feels so fuzzy/ pressure and slightly detatched, bit shaky and nauseaous. Tried to think of other things and done breathing and even went to take dogs out for an hour earlier and did a 2 mile run but still feel so foggy. Just hope I haven't put my body on high alert as last summer I used to wake up usually after nightshift shaking a lot and in a big panic attack
Bookmark and Share

Offline Carl24uk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 03:03:26 PM »
Least I know it's just anxiety causing me to feel like this now but can't shift this fuzzy sick feeling. So tired too but too shaky and on edge too sleep. Up early for work tomorrow too so could really do with a chat or tips to calm down a bit to sleep
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:20:12 AM »
You could make a few changes to your bedroom. It may help you sleep better. I always use a radio at night. Works most nights. Except when my neighbour leaves the dog in her back garden. Bark, bark, bark, bark. You could also maybe try a mood light. They are much cheaper these days. They mimic the sun. Might help you to relax. I simply think you have let everything get under your skin this time around. That is why it may so much worse. You didn't expect it to come back. You were caught off guard. Look up ASMR videos on you tube. I think that is what they are called. If you can't find them by that name put in relaxation whispering. They may seem a bit odd at first. They are relaxing. It is based around whispering. There are various ones. So if you are tired maybe look for one to help you sleep. There are hundreds of them. For all different things. Odd at first. But once you get into them you will find yourself relaxing a bit more.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Carl24uk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
Yeah thanks I think your right I let it get under my skin and caught me off guard. Had about 3 hours sleep last night on and off and managed work today ok. Feeling better today so hopefully got on top of it early this time and just ignoring it knowing it is just being anxious thar caused it helps.

Whereas last year I was in a state convinced I was ill which just made it 100x worse
Bookmark and Share

Tags: